The mighty Grolar shares the Kodiak’s boiler and chassis but uses that strength and speed to deliver crushing blows with its piston hammer before finishing with a withering hail of auto cannon shells.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Auto Cannon - 8" range, ROF d3+2, POW 12 gun
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Piston Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Ram - On hit, the target is knocked down and may be pushed a little distance away. If it is pushed, this model may move the same direction a little distance.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
Thoughts on Grolar
Comparison to Mk2
Grolar in a nutshell
Pretty much the face of "jack of all trades". It can shoot. It can swing its hammer. It has pathfinder. It has an open fist. A tool for many targets.
Combos & Synergies
- Loves people who can buff both melee AND ranged attacks (as opposed to just melee or just ranged), such as Butcher1's and Sorscha2's feats.
- A great choice in a Harkevich list due to Broadside, and his feat essentially granting assault.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Jack of all trades, master of none (well it is good in melee).
- You don't take it purely because of its gun.
- Due to its jack of all trades nature, it is very pricey. One of the most expensive non character non colossal jacks for khador.
Tricks & Tips
- Charge with Hammer. Knockdown, then autohit (anything but double-1s) with the Autocannon at point-blank range. No, really.
- Unlike Gunfighters, this model is free to shoot targets outside its melee range.
The rules were released in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion book (2014)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other faction models