From Battle College
The mighty Grolar shares the Kodiak’s boiler and chassis but uses that strength and speed to deliver crushing blows with its piston hammer before finishing with a withering hail of auto cannon shells.
Weapons and Attacks
- Auto Cannon - Below average range, variably high ROF, average POW ranged weapon.
- Open Fist - Mid range, average P+S melee weapon.
- Piston Hammer - Mid range, very high P+S melee weapon.
- Ram - On hit, the target is knocked down and may be pushed a little distance away. If it is pushed, this model may move the same direction a little distance.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
Thoughts on Grolar
Comparison to Mk2
Grolar in a nutshell
- Pretty much the face of "jack of all trades". It can shoot. It can swing its hammer. It has an open fist. A tool for many targets.
Combos & Synergies
- Loves people who can buff melee and range attacks.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Jack of all trades, master of none (well it is good in melee).
- You don't take it purely because of its gun.
- Due to its jack of all trades nature, it is very pricey. One of the most expensive non character non colossal jacks for khador.
Tricks & Tips
- Charge with Hammer. Knockdown, then autohit with autocannon in melee. No, really.
- Nearly autohit with autocannon, even with dual attack the autocannon remains a ranged attack despite being in the model's melee range.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models