|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Harpoon Gun - 10" range, 3" AOE, POW 12 gun
- Giant Hook 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for as a Cygnar mercenary, Cryx mercenary, Khador mercenary, and as a Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- No Sleeping on the Job [Sea Dog] - This model and Sea Dog models within its command range are immune to knockdown.
Thoughts on Bosun Grogspar
Bosun Grogspar in a nutshell
Grogspar's key ability is No Sleeping on the Job for his Sea Dogs, which means they will completely shrug off wounds when they pass tough checks. He also has Pitch, which is one of the few legal ways to throw a friendly model.
Combos and Synergies
He buffs Sea Dogs
- Press Gangers are already tough so are perfect for him.
- Sea Dog Pirates or The Devil's Shadow Mutineers, can be made tough and like no knockdown in general.
- Bloody Bradigan is a tough sea dog solo.
- Doc Killingsworth makes the no knockdown tough that much more annoying.
- Lord Rockbottom and Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord can both make Sea Dog Pirates tough to take advantage of No Knockdown.
- Captain Phinneus Shae speeds up all Privateers. You might want to consider putting Phantasm on him as well so he doesn't get killed.
- Drake MacBain likes no knockdown on his invulnerable stuff.
- Gorten Grundback already provides no knockdown, but the threat of throwing him upfield for his feat makes people paranoid.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He is a medium size base in a sea of small ones. You can't hide him from incoming fire.
- CMD 8 isn't a very big bubble.
Tricks & Tips
- Bring him in behind some Press Gangers.
Originally released in Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models