Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels
Grissel Bloodsong stands as a bastion amid the storm devastating the lives of her people. Assuming leadership was never her goal, but she has proven worthy of shouldering the burden of Marshal of the Kriels in Ironhide’s absence. She gladly fights alongside her warriors and asks nothing of them she would not risk herself. They trust her to save them whether by shrewd words or the booming of her explosive voice and hammer on the battlefield.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels
- 3 Other
|Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels|
Weapons and Attacks
- Fell Blast - Below average range, small AoE, high POW.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Resounder - Hard hitting hammer.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Dash - Cheap control range spell. Warrior models in the spellcaster's control range gain a small SPD bonus and Parry.
- Deflection - Gives friendly faction models in the caster's CTRL area a DEF bonus vs ranged and magic attacks.
- Discord - Low cost, short range - Target battlegroup model gains Wailing. (Wailing - Nearby enemy models cannot receive orders or cast spells.)
Feat: Call of Valor
Friendly faction models in control range gain Reposition and Unyielding. (Reposition - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to its stated value, then its activation ends.) (Unyielding - When this model engages an enemy it gains an ARM buff.)
Thoughts on Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels
Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels in a nutshell
Grissel Bloodsong is the Trollbloods ranged assassin warlock - she has enough of an attrition game to open the gaps in the enemy line, then she knocks the enemy to the ground with a Quake from up to 19" away, and tries to get the job finished with her other ranged stuff.
Thoughts on when & how to use her feat and spells
Her feat is a weak defensive feat, making it a little easier to take the alpha.
- Deflection is cast going in to protect from shooting
- Dash is extra threat range for everyone. Also for her assassination.
- Discord is just generically good.
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main win condition is to quake the enemy caster then finish them when they are knocked down.
- A warbeast with the Far Strike animus gives her 4" extra threat range on her ranged assassination. The Dire Troll Bomber is normally a better choice than the Troll Impaler. Really this is the only auto-include with her and she'll work with anything else, although she prefers to go infantry heavy.
- A Dire Troll Mauler is normally the backbone of the troll brawling attrition game,
- Trollkin Highwaymen and Pyg Bushwhackers both have the DEF for Deflection and love the speed buff. The highwaymen love to slip out of combat and get back arcs thanks to Braylen Wanderheart
- Trollkin Champions love the def buff from deflection and like the speed boost
- Mountain King is good target for Wailing and is able to deaf key targets.
- Dhunian Knot can spread Puppet Master to Grissel for a better assassination turn
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Her lack of Fury can make loading the Krielstone hard.
- She has a hard time seeing through cloud walls.
- No damage buffs
- Hard game especially against armies with No Knockdown Tech
Tricks & Tips
- Dash, of course, gives an extra inch in her ranged assassination.
Comparison to Mk2
- Her army has changed around her and there are normally far fewer models on the board.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Troolbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|