Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
Fell Callers are powerful Trollkin warriors boasting voices capable of shattering stone and making the sky itself tremble, and Grissel Bloodsong has singular mastery of this ability. She wages a personal war against the enemies of the Trollbloods as an icon among her war-ravaged people. With her deafening hammer Resounder in hand, she serves as an inspiration on the battlefront, prompting even the battle-weary to resume the fight and follow her lead.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
- 3 Other
|Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller|
Weapons and Attacks
- Sonic Blast - Spray with average range.
- Resounder - Hard hitting hammer.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Fell Calls - This model can make one of the following Calls during its activation. A target can only benefit from one Fell Call at a time.
- Cacophony - CMD bubble that prevents enemy spellcasting and channeling.
- Heroic Ballad - Target friendly non-warlock faction model/unit can make an extra melee attack this round.
- Hoof It - At the end of this turn after all friendly models have activated, target friendly faction non-warlock model/unit in CMD can make a full advance without provoking free strikes.
- Boundless Charge - COST 2, 6" range
- Friendly Faction model can charge for free. If it charges, it gains +2" movement and Pathfinder.
- Calamity - Cost 3 Upkeep spell which inflicts a -2 DEF & ARM debuff to target model/unit.
- Guardian Protector - Cost 2, Range 6", Upkeep
- Friendly Faction warbeast gains Righteous Vengeance. (Righteous Vengeance - If a friendly Faction model dies within 5" model, next turn this model gets a free 3" move and melee attack during the maintenance phase.)
- Rift - Average range, POW, and AOE. Also, the AOE is rough terrain for a round.
Feat: Fell Chorus
Grissel can use all of her Fell Calls this activation and friendly faction models/units can benefit from any number of fell calls this turn.
Thoughts on Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller
Grissel Bloodsong, Fell Caller in a nutshell
Grissel Bloodsong is an interesting warlock with some nice movement tricks thanks to hoof it, and a mediocre feat that can supercharge one unit.
Thoughts on when & how to use her feat and spells
- An alpha strike feat that can make everyone hit hard - and then take them clear of the enemy. Grissel's feat doesn't seem that powerful but does a lot.
- Boundless Charge lets one of her warbeasts hit when you don't expect it. Frequently combined with Heroic Ballad and Rage from a Dire Troll Mauler for serious hitting power.
- Guardian Protector is great on whichever heavy she gives it to.
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main win condition is to beat face with a turn of carnage.
- Krielstone is a staple of trolls
- Dire Troll Mauler is the backbone of Troll hitting power in melee
- Long Riders under Hoof It can get quite ridiculously far out of the way of countercharges.
- Trollkin Fennblades are great at getting the alpha strike.
But most things work well with her.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- She doesn't scale well - her fellcalls and Guardian Protector between them cover one unit and one warbeast - and with nothing to help with toughness she works best in small battles.
Tricks & Tips
Comparison to Mk2
Grissel was savagely nerfed in the feat - she used to throw all the fell calls over everyone. In return she gained a fury and Guardian Protector.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Troolbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|