Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Grim Angus
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Headhunter - 13" RNG, POW 13 ranged weapon
- Snare Gun - 8" RNG, POW -nil- ranged weapon
- Gun Blade - 1" RNG, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Take Down - Models killed in melee by this model cannot use Tough and are RFP'd.
- True Sight - This model ignores clouds for LOS, and ignores Stealth always.
- Mantrap - Cost 3, 10" range, 4" AOE, POW 12:
- Warrior models hit suffer knockdown.
- Marked for Death - Cost 2, 8" range, Offensive Upkeep
- Target model/unit suffers -2 DEF, loses Incorporeal and Stealth, and is unable to regain either while affected.
- Return Fire - Cost 1, 6" range
- Target Friendly Faction model can make a free basic melee or ranged attack after an enemy targets them with a ranged attack and that attack resolves. It expires after the attack is resolved or after one round.
- Weald Secrets - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains Pathfinder and Hunter. (Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.)
Feat: Spread the Net
Enemy models in this model's CTRL range suffer -3 DEF. Those that activate in this model's CTRL range suffer -3 SPD and can't make power/special attacks. Lasts one turn.
Thoughts on Grim Angus
Grim Angus in a nutshell
Grim Angus was a really effective warlock in Mk2, with a hard control feat that made infantry easy to annihilate, and some useful infantry buffs. He's little changed - but the metagame is changed around him, and not to his benefit.
Thoughts on when & how to use feat and spells
Grim's feat has an offensive and a defensive component. The offensive to lower the enemy's DEF, making them easier to hit, and the defensive to lower enemy SPD, making it harder for them to get to you. Use it either to get the alpha strike or to make sure you hit, if you have it.
- If Grim is far enough forward for either Mantrap or especially Marked For Death he is probably too far forward to survive return fire, although both might deal with enemy skirmishers.
Typical Army & Strategy
His main win condition is to get the alpha strike and beat down the enemy.
Things you take in his army to help him with this strategy is the Krielstone - Of course. And then a generic army.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Two offensive spells on his card with no range amplifier and no way of channeling.
- No damage buffs.
- Bait the Line on Headhunter does at least extend your threat range.
Tricks & Tips
Comparison to Mk2
Very few changes other than that his feat used to prevent charges - but the metagame changed around him.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Trollbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|