The Griffon is a sleek and fast myrmidon, designed for swift flanking maneuvers. Its power field enables the Griffon to become near-weightless for short intervals, allowing for long, loping strides before it strikes home with its powerful halberd. By judicious use of this field the Griffon can negotiate marshy terrain, dense undergrowth or other obstacles.
|HP|| 20 |
|(★) 18 when you include the shield bonus|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Shield - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Powerful Charge - This models gains +2 to hit on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Pathfinder and Fleet
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Fleet - Once per activation, this model can spend 1 focus point to gain +2" movement when advancing as part of its Normal Movement that activation.
Thoughts on Griffon
Griffon in a nutshell
The Griffon is a relatively inexpensive combat-oriented light warjack. It is able to take a bit of a beating and can act as a highly mobile skirmisher. This warjack can take on most infantry with it's accurate charge and can deal decent damage to light and moderately armored models.
Combos & Synergies
- Vyros2 - Synergy is an amazing spell and it does most for cheap solid melee jacks. In Mk2 Vyros-griffon-spam was so common it became a meme.
- Vyros1 - the Griffon loves his feat.
- Magister Helynna - The Griffon is a remarkably fast jammer with Helynna, since Rhythm of War enables a 3" movement after its very far run/charge, and her feat keeps it's shield system up the entire time the enemy beats on it, making it basically an ARM 21 roadblock that can be nearly anywhere on the table (mind your control area).
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Griffon is a "plain white rice" warjack. It walks forward and hits things not amazingly hard; unless it's got something to kick it into overdrive it's a solid piece but won't be giving your opponent serious headaches.
Tricks & Tips
- It makes for a pretty good jammer - especially if you Fleet and Run.
Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (Novermber 2009)
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|