|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
Three arcane spell casters form the Greylord Ternion, armed with magic that can freeze a man in his tracks or tear him apart in a cone of icy shards.
|Cost||7||2.3 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Rune Axe - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Blizzard (★ Action) - RNG 5". Place a 3" AOE cloud centered on target friendly Faction model. The AOE remains centered on the model even if it moves. It lasts for one round or until the target model dies.
- Frostbite (★ Attack) - 8" Spray, POW 12 Cold Damage (as well as Magical Damage).
- Ice Cage (★ Attack) - 10" range, POW 10 attack.
Each time a target without Cold Immunity is hit by this spell it suffers a cumulative -2 DEF penalty for one turn and, if hit three times in one turn, it is made stationary for one round.
Thoughts on Greylord Ternion
Comparison to Mk2
Pretty much the same
Greylord Ternion in a nutshell
A toolbox unit, providing a variety of tools to aid the rest of your army.
Combos & Synergies
- They work well with anyone who wants a DEF bonus vs ranged and magic attacks.
- Really low DEF models (like Man-O-War) not so much, because it won't make much difference to the enemies maths, but a target with base DEF around the DEF 12-13 mark is the "sweet spot", as you'll push them up to effective DEF 14-15 which is a lot harder to hit.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Support unit through-and-through. They're not gonna be holding up a big nasty unit, and they will die to a concentrated attack.
- They're essentially Blizzard-on-a-stick. If you move forwards to try and make use of their offensive spells, chances are you'll be dead next turn.
Tricks & Tips
- The clouds stay centred on the model even if they move, so activate the Ternions first before running the models up the board.
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Other faction models