Greylord Forge Seer
More than just craftsmen, Forge Seers also take to the battlefield alongside the warjacks they help create. These Greylords apply their knowledge of magic and mechanika to imbue the weapons of warjacks with the power needed to cut down unnatural foes who are more than flesh and steel. Clad in Man-O-War armor, Greylord Forge Seers charge into battle with the hiss of steam in their ears and the chill of winter at their fingertips.
|Greylord Forge Seer|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Rune Weapon - 2" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Drive: Dark Sigils - While in this model's CMD range, a warjack under its control gains Blessed and Damage Type: Magical on its melee and ranged weapons. (Blessed - Attacks with this weapon ignore spells & animi that add to the target's DEF or ARM.).
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Empower (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction warjack in CMD range. It gains 1 focus and, if it was disrupted, it is no longer disrupted.
- Hoarfrost (★ Attack) - 8" range, 3" AOE, POW 14 Cold Damage.
On a critical hit all models in the AOE become stationary (unless they have cold immunity).
- Winter's Wind (★ Action) - RNG 5". Target friendly Faction model with Cold Immunity gains Freezer for one round. (Freezer - An enemy model that ends its activation near this model becomes stationary unless it has Cold Immunity.)
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
Thoughts on Greylord Forge Seer
Greylord Forge Seer in a nutshell
The Forge Seer is Khador's second jack marshal (after the Man-o-War Kovnik ) - and can empower whichever jack he controls. He's a legitimate way of dealing with incorporeal models and has some useful spells.
Combos & Synergies
At 4p the Forge Seer can either be taken as a solo or as a Jack marshal depending on whether or not you will make good use out of Dark Sigils. Ranged Jacks are a good choice for him to marshal as magic shots help deal with incorporeal models and have interesting options by combining Empower and Jack Marshal abilities:
- Empower + Hurry: A free charge with +2 to hit and 1 focus for another attack or a boost is almost the same millage you get out of a fully allocated heavy with 3 focus normally from your caster.
- Empower + Crush: An additional melee attack and all your melee attacks get +2 POW, and 1 focus left over; that's the potential for 3 POW 19 swings from a Destroyer, or 3 POW 21's and a POW 17 from a Juggernaut.
- Empower + Take Aim: +2 to hit due to aiming and +2 damage makes most of our Jacks effective RAT 6 and increases the POW of our already strong guns. 1 Focus either boosts to hit or damage based on your intended target.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Even though the Forge Seer is somewhat survivable with ARM 16 and 8 boxes, he will still die should he be overextended. Make use of his CMD 7 (Highest CMD on any Empower model to date) to keep the Forge Seer well back, only moving him forwards once it is safe to do so. Once his marshaled Jack is dead is the time to use his combat ability, not before.
The Forge Seer's are competing directly with Malakov for the position of alternate Jack support from our caster, Malakov is better at running his personal Jack but the Forge Seer's have the option to Empower other Jacks as well. By contrast Khador can now field all 3 of these models at the same time with casters who do little for their battlegroups completely relieving the focus burden if you like.
Tricks & Tips
He is especially helpful against Cygnar in two ways, providing one of the few methods of countering Disruption, as well as one of the few sources of Blessed weapons in faction for dealing with Arcane Shield among other buffs.
Originally released 2017.03
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other faction models