Greygore Boomhowler & Co.
Led by the legendary Trollkin fell caller Greygore Boomhowler, this mercenary company can match lead and steel with any regiment of soldiers in the Iron Kingdoms. The brutal combination of Greygore’s devastatingly ear-splitting cries and the natural resilience and tenacity of his Trollkin mercenaries has frequently proven invaluable to military commanders across the land.
|MAT||7 / 6|
|RAT||5 / 4|
|CMD||8 / 7|
|HP||8 / 1|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Blunderbuss - 8" range, POW 12 gun.
- Great Axe - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon.
- Entire Unit
- Mercenary - Works as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, and as a Khador mercenary.
- Minion - Works as a Trollblood minion.
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Greygore only
- Greygore has better stats, as indicated in the statbox
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Fell Calls - This model can make one of the following Calls during its activation. A target can only benefit from one Fell Call at a time.
- Cacophony - While in this model's CMD range, enemy models/units cannot cast spells or be used to channel spells. Cacophony lasts for one round.
- Call of Defiance - For one round, models in this unit can make tough rolls even while knocked down.
- Reveille - Knocked down friendly Faction models in this model's CMD range immediately stand up. Models that became knocked down this turn are not affected by Reveille.
Thoughts on Greygore Boomhowler & Co.
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. in a nutshell
Boomhowlers are a decent tar pit jamming unit with Boomhowler's ability to keep the unit making tough rolls and with their innate toughness and resistance to blasts and small arms fire making them a nuisance to remove. The fell call that will make the enemy grind their teeth when it works, however, is Cacophony - which shuts down animi as well as some spellcasting units.
Combos & Synergies
- The unit gains Ambush when taken in the Kingmakers theme. Ambush is good even if Boomhowlers aren't.
- With Drake MacBain, Boomhowler can use his Reveille call to stand up all knocked down models within 8" which adds another dimension to Macbain's feat turn.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Easy to hit and they go down pretty easily, even with tough.
- A lot gets round tough.
- The unit is effectively costed as veteran troops - and to put it bluntly they struggle to be more effective than e.g. Press Gangers as a tar pit. Boomhowler on his own at 3.5 points is pretty decent for cacophany and some brawling.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep Boomhowler at the back to keep him alive.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
|Khador (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter - Llaelese Resistance|