Great Bears of the Gallowswood
Kapitan Joreslev Volkov, Lieutenant Moskor Kolsk and Sergeant Kartov Yarovich are heroes of the Iron Fangs, survivors of a company which became legend. In the last fifteen years they fought in every major Khador battle, always serving the Empire where the fight gets brutal and the morale is falling. They are an icon for the Khadoran people. They embody the willpower and resilience which lie within every son of the Motherland.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Great Bears of the Gallowswood
- 3 Other
|Great Bears of the Gallowswood|
|Cost||9||3 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Great Axe - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Volkov only: Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Flank [Another model in this unit] - This model gains +2 to hit and +d6 damage for melee attacks vs enemy models in the melee range of another Great Bear.
- Rapid Strike - This model has an additional melee attack each activation.
- Relentless Charge - This model gains Pathfinder while it is charging.
- Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit.
Thoughts on Great Bears of the Gallowswood
Comparison to Mk2
In addition to losing some POW off of their weapons, the Great Bears have exchanged Weapon Master for Flank and Backswing for Rapid Strike. Essentially, this means that they are no longer a collection of power solos that can charge 3 different things and wreck them all. They are now an elite unit that when acting together can hit almost anything and be sure to put some damage on. They also don't have as much of a reputation as they used to, so they might not attract as much hate from your opponent.
Great Bears of the Gallowswood in a nutshell
Combos & Synergies
- The Iron Fang Kovnik gives them Steady with No Sleeping on the Job.
- Uhlan Kovnik Markov's Tactician affects them.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other faction models