Mercenary Llaelese Character Solo
Gorman was a student of alchemy held in very high regard by the Golden Crucible until he decided to defy his superiors and get involved in the fight to save Riversmet. In battle he rediscovered himself and found he really enjoyed living life on a knife edge. He abandoned the Crucible and began hiring himself out to anyone provided they were prepared to let him use his alchemical creations.
- Alchemical Grenades- 6" range, 3" AOE, POW - gun
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Acid Bomb - Models hit take a medium pow hit and suffer continous corrosion.
- Black Oil - This attack does no damage, but models hit suffer Blind. (Blind - A model hit by this attack is Blind for one round. While blinded it suffers -4 MAT & DEF; can't make ranged or magic attacks; can't run, charge, slam, or trample; and must forfeit either movement or action when it activates. Blind can be shaken.)
- Rust - ARM debuff on warjacks but no damage.
- Stiletto - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, and the Protectorate of Menoth
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Immunity:Fire - Does not suffer fire damage or fire continuous effect.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Alchemical Mask - This model ignores gas effects entirely, and clouds for the purposes of LOS and attacks.
- Smoke Bomb (★ Action) - Centre a small AoE cloud on this model.
Thoughts on Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist in a nutshell
Gorman's a grenade thrower with multiple debuffing grenades. He helps you hit high DEF targets and hurt warjacks. He's one of the three Merc damage buffers alongside Ragman and Lady Aiyana & Master Holt.
Combos & Synergies
- Everyone likes either to hit or damage buffs. So he goes with everyone.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doesn't deal with Hordes ARM-skew, and has almost nothing against Legion warbeasts.
- Everyone who played Mk2 knows him backwards.
- Stealth defends him from getting shot early, but he must get really close to use his grenades. So don't expect him to survive for long after he throws his first bomb.
Tricks & Tips
- He can't miss a large target with rust or black oil from 5" away or a small one from 4". Maximum scattering rules.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
- The exclusive model Gorman di "Sea" Wulfe can be substituted for the stock model. This was an exclusive given to Press Gangers, and as such can be very hard to get.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Attack Type and/or Arcane Savant (Edit)
- If you forget to declare your Attack Type before rolling the attack, and you and your opponent can't agree on a fair fix, then the Judge's Policy is that the first listed Attack Type is the one that will be used.
Rules Clarification : Black Oil (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Blind (Edit)
- Blind prevents magic attacks. However spell-casters, spell slaves, etc can still cast non-offensive spells.
Rules Clarification : Rust - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.
Rules Clarification : Fire (Edit)
- Moving into "Shallow water" standard terrain does not cause continuous fire to expire. It's magic fire.
- You can always use non-standard terrain if you agree with your opponent before the game starts, however.
- A weapon can inflict continuous fire without itself being a fire damage weapon (for example, the Helio's fists). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity:Fire it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Corrosion (Edit)
- A weapon can inflict continuous corrosion without itself being a corrosion damage weapon (for example, the Acidic Touch animus). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity: Corrosion it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Alchemical Mask (Edit)
- "Gas effects" is undefined in the rules, so pretty much never comes into play.
- You don't ignore the damage from walking into hazardous clouds.
Rules Clarification : Smoke Bomb - None yet. (Edit)