|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The Gorgon exists to dictate the flow of battle by depriving the enemy of mobility. Its integral force cannon unleashes blasts of energy capable of forestalling an enemy’s forward momentum. Its more powerful fields require close proximity, and the Gorgon will rush forward to seize even larger and more powerful ’jacks or myrmidons to pin them in place. While its force-locked prey struggles to extract itself, the Gorgon deals punishing blows with its arm-mounted glaives.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Glaive (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons
- Polarity Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Force Lock and cannot attack with its Polarity Cannon
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Force Lock - Enemy models beginning an advance in a Gorgon's melee range can't move except to change facing.
Thoughts on Gorgon
Gorgon in a nutshell
The Gorgon is a denial model built to help deny charges and force enemies that it engages to deal with it. Its weapons are good for killing moderately armored infantry and its Combo Strike can help it deal damage to heavier foes.
Combos & Synergies
- The Gorgon has an interesting synergy with Lord Arcanist Ossyan's gun. Both reduce the target's SPD, and stacked together are enough to render a naturally slow model, like some colossals or heavies, completely immobile.
- The Gorgon works excellently with Elara1 (Journeyman Warcaster) his relatively low range and the low survivability of Retribution light jacks makes the ability to shoot and then move backwards to safety a real powerful combination.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Gorgon's gun though powerful has a relatively short range making it difficult to get shots while still being safe from a counter charge.
Tricks & Tips
- The Gorgon is named after a (Greek) mythological creature, like all myrmidons. The tale of the Gorgon becomes legend in 700 BC, when the poet Hesiod writes about the three Gorgon sisters: Medusa, Euryale and Stheno. The latter two were immortal, the first one wasn't. All three had venemous snakes for hair and the power to turn a living being to stone with their terrible gaze, which Kinectic Grip's effect might be in reference to. Medusa became the most famous of these three when she was killed by the hero Perseus (using a mirrored shield to defeat her, as her reflection was harmless), who later used her cut-off head as a weapon. One story recounts how either he or the goddess Athena uses Medusa's head to turn the giant Atlas into stone, thus creating the Atlas mountain range that still stands today.
- Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (Novermber 2009)
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)