The Gorgon exists to dictate the flow of battle by depriving the enemy of mobility. Its integral force cannon unleashes blasts of energy capable of forestalling an enemy’s forward momentum. Its more powerful fields require close proximity, and the Gorgon will rush forward to seize even larger and more powerful ’jacks or myrmidons to pin them in place. While its force-locked prey struggles to extract itself, the Gorgon deals punishing blows with its arm-mounted glaives.
Weapons and Attacks
- Glaive x2 - Melee weapon, Short range, Moderate P+S
- Polarity Cannon - Ranged weapon, Moderate Range, Moderate POW
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Force Lock and cannot attack with its Polarity Cannon
- Force Lock - Enemy models beginning an advance in a Gorgon's melee range can't move except to change facing.
Thoughts on Gorgon
Comparison to Mk2
- Ranged attack changed from making an enemy model unable to charge the Gorgon to a SPD penalty
- Ranged attack increased POW
- Slightly less expensive compared to its Mk2 version
Gorgon in a nutshell
The Gorgon is a denial model built to help deny charges and force enemies that it engages to deal with it. It's weapons are good for killing moderately armored infantry and its Combo Strike can help it deal damage to heavier foes.
Combos & Synergies
- The Gorgon has an interesting synergy with Lord Arcanist Ossyan's gun. Both reduce the target's SPD, and stacked together are enough to render a naturally slow model, like some colossals or heavies, completely immobile.
- The Gorgon works excellently with Elara1 (Journeyman Warcaster) his relatively low range and the low survivability of Retribution light jacks makes the ability to shoot and then move backwards to safety a real powerful combination.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Gorgon's gun though powerful has a relatively short range making it difficult to get shots while still being safe from a counter charge.
Tricks & Tips
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Retribution models
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
|Retribution of Scyrah - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Forges of War|