The Gorgon exists to dictate the flow of battle by depriving the enemy of mobility. Its integral force cannon unleashes blasts of energy capable of forestalling an enemy’s forward momentum. Its more powerful fields require close proximity, and the Gorgon will rush forward to seize even larger and more powerful ’jacks or myrmidons to pin them in place. While its force-locked prey struggles to extract itself, the Gorgon deals punishing blows with its arm-mounted glaives.
Weapons and Attacks
- Glaive x2 - Melee weapon, Short range, Moderate P+S
- Polarity Cannon - Ranged weapon, Moderate Range, Moderate POW
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Force Lock and cannot attack with its Polarity Cannon
- Force Lock - Enemy models in this model's melee range can't move.
Thoughts on Gorgon
Comparison to Mk2
- Ranged attack changed from making an enemy model unable to charge the Gorgon to a SPD penalty
- Ranged attack increased POW
- Slightly less expensive compared to its Mk2 version
Gorgon in a nutshell
The Gorgon is a denial model built to help deny charges and force enemies that it engages to deal with it. It's weapons are good for killing moderately armored infantry and its Combo Strike can help it deal damage to heavier foes.
Combos & Synergies
- The Gorgon has an interesting synergy with Lord Arcanist Ossyan's gun. Both reduce the target's SPD, and stacked together are enough to render a naturally slow model, like some colossals or heavies, completely immobile.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other Retribution models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|