|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Hulking brutes that fall somewhere between man and beast, gorax serve the Circle Orboros by ripping its enemies limb from limb with their powerful, oversized claws. When wounded, gorax become living embodiments of primal rage, tearing into enemies with unfettered savagery.
- Claw (x2) 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Pain Response - While this model is damaged it gets free charges and power attacks.
- Primal - Cost 2, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction living warbeast gains +2 to MAT & STR for one round, but automatically frenzies in your next Control Phase (even if this animus expires for any reason).
Analysis of Gorax Rager
Gorax Rager in a nutshell
The Gorax is a cheap light warbeast that brings the Primal Animus, allowing Circle warbeasts to mangle armour. Every Circle player should own one - the animus is just that useful on a light warbeast.
Gorax in Minions
The Minion warlock Dr. Arkadius has a special rule allowing him to take Gorax Ragers.
Combos & Synergies
- Riphorn Satyr is a good Primal target, and less of a loss than a warpwolf when it frenzies.
- Kromac 2 lets the Gorax cast primal for free with Awakened Spirit. A circle warbeast with primal on feat turn will have a massive +4 Strength, as well as +4 mat against any target in Kromacs 14 inch command range. Up to 4 beasts can easily be put under primal in one turn between the gorax and kromac, but it will leave your army out of commission so its best used for an assassination run.
- Primal does wonders for low strength lights like Griffons who are cheap enough to be relatively disposable after being targeted with primal
- This is especially true with Una 2, since flank, hand of fate, and primal means griffons are hitting like heavies.
- Tanith can throw out primals for 1 fury on her feat turn, allowing her to send in a ton of buffed up beasts, and still possibly camp some.
- A Gorax is pretty much an auto-include in the beast heavy Call of the Wild Theme. Only pass up on it if you want a feral Warpwolf instead, although the 11 point difference is enough that taking the gorax nets you an extra light and an extra solo
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Mostly just an animus on a stick.
- Does nothing for Wolds
Tricks and Tips
- Remember it can two handed throw people.
- Pain Response only requires a single box be filled. You can have a Bloodweaver put a single anatomical precision hit into it turn 1, and it will enjoy free charges for the rest of the game. Alternatively, have your warlock put an unboosted melee swing into it if they aren't very strong.
- Primal is best used in situations where you don't care if your beast survives until your next turn, use it to trade up with lights like Scarsfel Griffons, or on a high pow heavy such as a Stalker for an assassination run
Released in Primal Mk1 (2006)
- Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
- Themes only for Living warbeasts (Edit)
Minions (Dr Arkadius only)
Other Circle models
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.