|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Unearthed by Hoarluk Doomshaper, the glacier kings walk the world again as embodiments of winter and the frozen north. Localized storms laden with ice and snow swirl about their towering forms. Streams and lakes ice over at their passing, and the moisture in the air crackles as it freezes. Enemies who lose their footing nearby are promptly crushed to death or frozen solid before being lofted into a mouth of jagged, yellowed teeth.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Wind Thrower - 12" range, POW 14 ranged attack.
- Damage Type: Cold - This weapon does cold damage.
- Reload  - This model can be forced to to make up to 2 additional ranged attack(s) with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each time it is forced.
- Storm Chiller - Enemy models hit can be pushed d3˝ directly away from the Glacier King. On a critical hit, the model hit becomes stationary for one round unless it has Immunity: Cold.
- Big Meaty Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 19 melee weapons
- Gargantuan - Gargantuans are giant warbeasts, even bigger and stompier than normal. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Snowfall - While within 3" of the Glacier King, Trollblood models gain concealment.
Frozen Ground - Cost 2
- When an enemy model without Cold Immunity ends its activation within 3" of the caster, it becomes knocked down. Lasts for one round.
2017.07 Trollkin CID
- Became a Northkin model, which leads to a small bonus in the Storm of the North Theme Force.
- Lost Thunderbolt but replaced it with Storm Chiller
Thoughts on Glacier King
Glacier King in a nutshell
Like most Colossals the Glacier King is a centrepiece of the army. Unlike its brother the Mountain King, the Glacier King is generally a longer ranged support piece, blasting models out of zones, keeping its troops safe with concealment, and offering a detriment to melee attacks, thanks to it's animus.
Combos & Synergies
- Krielstone Protective Aura brings it to ARM 21.
- The Northkin Elder attachment can speed it up and increase the damage from it's gun, both of which are extremely useful
- Hunters Grim or Captain Gunnbjorn - it really likes Snipe
- Dire Troll Mauler - the rage animus increases it's melee output to insane levels
- Northkin Bear Handler & Battle Bears - they gain stealth due to Prowl interacting with Snowfall, if you can keep them within 3" of the Glacier King, as do Trollkin Scouts, Pyg Lookouts and Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw
- Pyg Lookouts - Marked Target brings it's RAT to 7
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No gunfighter or dual attack means it is either punching or shooting, not both. That's the trade-off for every combined arms heavy, but when they cost this much, it can be especially noticeable.
- Tends to require a lot of Fury, especially if you are reloading
- Low threshold meaning frequent frenzies.
- Immunity: Cold shuts down a lot of his tricks
Tricks & Tips
- Remember, his animus only works against enemies during their activation. Things like Admonition or Counter Charge won't knock down the enemy.
- He has Immunity: Cold. Models like Kolgrima and the Northkin Shaman can target him with their sprays and hit models in front of him.
- If you are shooting at max range, don't storm chiller until the final shot. Otherwise, they can be pushed out of range.
Originally released in Hordes: Devastation (2015)
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.
Bulldoze - General
Moving Bulldozers and Bulldozed models