Unearthed by Hoarluk Doomshaper, the glacier kings walk the world again as embodiments of winter and the frozen north. Localized storms laden with ice and snow swirl about their towering forms. Streams and lakes ice over at their passing, and the moisture in the air crackles as it freezes. Enemies who lose their footing nearby are promptly crushed to death or frozen solid before being lofted into a mouth of jagged, yellowed teeth.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Wind Thrower - 12" range, POW 14 ranged attack.
- Damage Type: Cold - This weapon does cold damage.
- Reload  - This model can spend focus/fury/soul tokens to make up to 2 additional ranged attacks with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each focus/fury/soul token spent.
- Thunderbolt - Enemy models hit by this attack are pushed a small distance directly away. On a critical they are knocked down as well.
- Big Meaty Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 19 melee weapons
- Gargantuan - Gargantuans are giant warbeasts, even bigger and stompier than normal. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Snowfall - Friendly faction models gain concealment when nearby.
2017.07 Trollkin CID
- Became a Northkin model, allowing it into the Theme.
Thoughts on Glacier King
Glacier King in a nutshell
Like most Colossals the Glacier King is a centrepiece of the army. In the Mountain King's case the Mountain King should be leading from the front with a smash and a roar - the Glacier King is for a much longer ranged army, keeping its troops safe from direct return fire by giving them concealment.
Combos & Synergies
- Krielstone Toughness stacks.
- Hunters Grim - it really likes Snipe
- Dire Troll Mauler - you need a damage buff
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No damage buff
- Low threshold meaning frequent frenzies.
Tricks & Tips
Originally released in Hordes: Devastation (2015)
Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|