|See also How to Read the statblock|
Battering Ram - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
- Hard Head - This model can add this weapon's POW to its head-butt and slam power attack damage rolls.
- Rhulic Warjack - This warjack must be controlled by either a Rhulic warcaster or Rhulic Jack Marshal.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be pushed.
- Flak Field - Once per turn, at any time in its activation, this model can blast all nearby models. Anyone B2B takes average POW blast damage and models further away take low POW blast damage.
- Grand Slam - This model can make slam power attacks without spending focus or being forced. Models slammed by this model are moved an additional 2".
- Follow Up - When this model slams an enemy model, immediately after the slam is resolved this model can advance directly toward the slammed model, up to the distance the slammed model was moved.
Thoughts on Ghordson Basher
Ghordson Basher in a nutshell
The Ghordson Basher is a cheap slambot, smashing through the enemy and knocking them over while having a lot of armor for its cost.
Since it slams for free it can often function autonomously as long as it has movement boxes. Flak Field also gives it anti-infantry ability.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum - Energizer and Bulldoze crank this guy to 11.
- Gorten Grundback can give you walls to slam things into, giving it +d6 damage on the slams. Strength of Granite gives you POW 19 slams or POW 16 tramples!
- Thor Steinhammer can make this 'jack almost unfair to opponents. Tune Up and the jack marshal order Crush! will give your opponent nightmares.
- First slam for a POW 17 hit. If you knock them into something, then they'll take an extra damage die.
- It knocks them down, so Follow Up and use the Crush! extra attack that auto-hits.
- Since the Crush! attack is a basic attack, it benefits from Tune Up and will be a boosted POW 17.
- If you are feeling petty, fire off the Flak Field for another POW 12.
- Now do all this in Irregulars and gain +2 to hit and an additional die on your melee attacks thanks to flank.
Keep in mind, this is all without a single point of focus.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Good hit on the charge, but if it is bogged down it is nowhere near as impressive.
- While fast for a Rhulic 'jack, it only has a mediocre 9" charge range or a 8.5" slam range.
- It is very easy to have it outrun its controllers.
- Easy to hit.
- Slams require a direct, unobstructed line to a target 3-8.5" away, which is hard to get without Energizer.
Tricks and Tips
- Look for lining it up and catching multiple people with the slam. Knocking down and damaging two models is always better then doing it to one.
- Don't forget the Headbutt! A basher can put out a POW 15 headbutt that will knock down enemies.
Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Who can control this warjack
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following Rhulic warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
|Rhulic 'Jack Controllers (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Durgen Madhammer - General Ossrum - Gorten Grundback|
Cannot take Colossals
Within mercenaries, this warjack can be used in:
Outside of mercenaries, you can include this warjack in any theme that allows at least one of the controllers listed above. At the time of writing (2017.10) the only such model is Thor Steinhammer.
Other Mercenary models