General Adept Nemo
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on General Adept Nemo
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Galvanic Bolt - 10" range, POW 13 gun
- Fulger - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon. If you're using this something has gone badly wrong for someone.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Focus Matrix - Nemo can allocate focus during his activation. He can also take focus from his jacks and give it to himself.
- Veteran Leader (Stormsmith) - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Stormsmith models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Feat: High Voltage
Each warjack in Nemo's battlegroup currently in his control range is allocated up to 3 focus points.
- Electrical Blast - Average range, POW, and AOE spell that deals electrical damage. Also, warjacks damaged by it suffer disruption.
- Energizer - COST 2, RNG SELF
Each model in the spellcaster's battlegroup that is currently in its control range can immediately advance up to 2". Energizer can be cast only once per activation.
- Fail-Safe - Upkeep spell that gives a warjack an ARM buff and lets it ignore crippled systems.
- Lightning Shroud - Target battlegroup warjack gains +2 STR, Immunity: Electricity, and Electro Leap on its melee weapons.(Electro Leap - When this weapon hits, the nearest model within 4" suffers a low POW electrical damage roll.)
- Polarity Shield - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains Polarity Field. Doesn't affect models out of formation. (Polarity Field - This model cannot be charged or slammed from its front arc.)
Thoughts on General Adept Nemo
Nemo2 in a nutshell
Nemo2 is all about buffing warjacks up and letting them beat face. His abilities and spells are all about the warjacks, making them harder, faster, stronger, and just better. Nemo2 is a warcaster you take because you like the idea of a few monsters charging down the field to kill your foe, and with the overall boost to warjacks in mk3, he's very viable.
Thoughts on best using his feat & spells
It's all about the jacks, the more, the merrier. Note that this does not allow his jacks to go over 3 focus, which means anyone with power-up on them will only receive 2. Additionally, this is bound by the normal allocation rules, which means jacks with a crippled cortex or that are disrupted won't receive any focus.
- Electrical Blast- A crappy nuke. Generally, Nemo doesn't want to be that far forward, though an Arc Node can fix that.
- Energizer- Possibly his most powerful spell, thanks to the amount of jacks he runs. You should cast this every turn. Remember, Nemo gets to move as well.
- Fail-safe- Good for keeping a key jack alive. Thanks to focus matrix, Nemo can cast this on a jack with a crippled cortex, then allocate it focus (or use the feat).
- Lightning Shroud- Good on any melee jack. Can help jacks with long melee range clear out infantry. Hammersmiths love this spell, since their hitting power is considered on the low side.
- Polarity Shield- Thanks to premeasuring, jacks with this can stand just outside walk range, but inside charge range and be safe. Combined with Centurion's polarity shield, Nemo can have an entire wall of unchargeable jacks. Note, this is his only spell that can be cast on infantry, though it's better off on his jacks anyway.
Typical Strategy & Army
He's mostly an attrition caster with the ability to improve threat ranges via Energizer - and works well with a small swarm of light warjacks able to give them one good turn and to sometimes buff them through cycling Lightning Shroud.
He likes all jacks, but there are some he makes shine:
- Centurion - loves anyone that can speed him up, and energizer is just the ticket. Nemo can also double down on the Polarity Shield as well
- Dynamo - Nemo's character jack is still great with him. His is a great target for any of the upkeeps. Lightning shroud increases his already formidable melee power, Fail-safe pushes his arm into Khador range, and polarity shield means he won't die to another charging heavy. Energizer also increases his gun range.
- Hammersmith - An excellent target for lightning shroud and energizer increases their threat range.
- Minuteman - fast and hard hitting
- Thunderhead - Great at clearing infantry, which Nemo2 can struggle at. He loves a threat extender with Energizer, and lightning shroud ensures that when he hits things, they die.
- Captain Arlan Strangewayes - Helps him fuel the jacks on non-feat turns, and repair is always necessary.
- Journeyman Warcaster - Arcane shield is as useful as ever, and can provide a useful light jack, such as a charger or sentinel. However, they won't benefit from the feat.
- Stormsmith Stormcaller - his elite cadre makes them better.
- Stormsmith Storm Tower - again Elite Cadre, and they hit hard.
- Stormsmith Grenadiers - not as good an option as they appear because Nemo doesn't want to be that far forward
- Storm Strider - again elite cadre plus long range
Drawbacks and Downsides
- He is squishy and dies easily
- It's difficult to find a good case for using him rather than Captain Allison Jakes unless you want to run a swarm of lights.
- Nearly all of his spells only effect warjacks, which means infantry are left out in the cold.
Tricks and Tips
- On feat turn, activate Nemo first, burn through his entire stack shooting or casting spells, then use focus matrix to fill him back up with all of your jack's power-up focus, then pop feat to fully fuel all of them.
- Tractor Field on his gun effects your jacks as well. Plan ahead if you intend on shooting your opponent's jacks.
- His elite cadre is now only in his command range. This vastly decreases the utility of that ability.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Cygnar generic themes (Edit)
Other Cygnar models