Gatorman Witch Doctor
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Each witch doctor is a powerful mystic who lives and breathes the foul necromantic arts that are his birthright. Life and death are two edges of the same bloody knife to the witch doctor, who often sees his allies as nothing more than tools of battle to be moved between those two states as required. Amid the morass of combat he gathers the vile totems required to power his spells, tearing the fleshy trophies from the carcasses of vanquished foes. Raising his sacral blade aloft, the witch doctor utters sibilant incantations that impel the huge beasts he control in a wave of scaled death.
|Gatorman Witch Doctor|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Sacral Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Death Ride (★ Action) - Friendly Faction Undead models activating in this model's command range gain +1" movement when advancing as part of their Normal Movement. Death Ride lasts for one turn.
- Sacrificial Strike (★ Action) - RNG CMD. Target a model in this model's LOS. If that model is in range, remove one friendly Faction trooper model within 1" of this model from play. The target model suffers an unboostable magic damage roll with POW equal to the base ARM of the removed model.
- Shadow Walk (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction model within CMD range gains Ghostly for a turn. (Ghostly - This model can advance through terrain and obstacles without penalty and can advance through obstructions if it has enough movement to move completely past them. It cannot be targeted by free strikes.)
2017.12 Blindwater CID
Thoughts on Gatorman Witch Doctor
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Gatorman Witch Doctor in a nutshell
The CrocDoc is a buff and utility solo whose role has been substantially changed with the recent update. His key ability is his magic; Sacrificial Strike is an excellent solo-killer, Death Ride helps undead models, and Shadow Walk is mostly Pathfinder-on-a-stick.
Combos & Synergies
- Maelok the Dreadbound - the CrocDoc might as well be an auto-include with Maelok for an extra 1" of movement for the entire army. A Gatorman Posse with this and Predator's Prayer charges 11" - and that's before the reach of their weapons. Occasionally you'll Sac Strike a Posse - just remember you can't revive a Sac Strike'd model as it is removed from play...
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers The shamblers are great Sac Strike targets
- Croak Raiders Fairly cheap and not tough - they like the resilience.
- Swamp Gobber Chef - the cheapest thing to sacrifice that's not a shambler.
- Farrow Bone Grinders - slightly more expensive than the Swamp Gobbers - but also ARM 14 so arguably a better power/points ratio.
- Greygore Boomhowler & Co. Top end of what you can sacrifice for single wound models.
- Any large warbeast that doesn't have Pathfinder; Shadow Walk is de facto Pathfinder and immunity to free strikes works really well with Overtake.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Croctor is only really useful to other minions now.
Tricks & Tips
- Sacrificial Strike is awesome at getting rid of solos - or even catching casters by surprise when they think they are safe.
- Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)