Minion Gatorman Solo
Each witch doctor is a powerful mystic who lives and breathes the foul necromantic arts that are his birthright. Life and death are two edges of the same bloody knife to the witch doctor, who often sees his allies as nothing more than tools of battle to be moved between those two states as required. Amid the morass of combat he gathers the vile totems required to power his spells, tearing the fleshy trophies from the carcasses of vanquished foes. Raising his sacral blade aloft, the witch doctor utters sibilant incantations that impel the huge beasts he control in a wave of scaled death.
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Sacral Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Magic Ability [ - ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Death Ride (★ Action) - Friendly Faction Undead models that activate in this model's CMD range gain +1 movement when advancing as part of their normal movement. Death Ride lasts for one turn.
- Sacrificial Strike (★ Action) - Target a model within CMD range, then RFP a friendly Faction model within 1" of this model. The targeted model suffers a magic damage roll with a POW equal to the RFP'd model's ARM.
- Shadow Walk (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction model within CMD range gains Ghostly for a turn. (Ghostly - This model can advance through terrain and obstacles without penalty and can advance through obstructions if it has enough movement to move completely past them. It cannot be targeted by free strikes.)
2017.12 Blindwater CID
- Lost Zombify and Dominate Undead but replaced them with Death Ride and Shadow Walk.
Thoughts on Gatorman Witch Doctor
This model/theme's rules have recently changed dramtically, and the "Thoughts On" section has not (yet) been updated to reflect its new capabilities.
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Gatorman Witch Doctor in a nutshell
The CrocDoc is a buff and utility solo whose role has been substantially changed with the recent update. His key ability is his magic; Sacrificial Strike is an excellent solo-killer, Death Ride helps undead models, and Shadow Walk is mostly Pathfinder-on-a-stick.
Combos & Synergies
- Maelok the Dreadbound - the CrocDoc might as well be an auto-include with Maelok for an extra 1" of movement for the entire army. A Gatorman Posse with this and Predator's Prayer charges 11" - and that's before the reach of their weapons. Occasionally you'll Sac Pawn a Posse - and possibly revive it.
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers The shamblers are great Sac Pawn targets
- Croak Raiders Fairly cheap and not tough - they like the resilience.
- Swamp Gobber Chef - the cheapest thing to sacrifice that's not a shambler.
- Farrow Bone Grinders - slightly more expensive than the Swamp Gobbers - but also ARM 14 so arguably a better power/points ratio.
- Greygore Boomhowler & Co. Top end of what you can sacrifice for single wound models.
- Any large warbeast that doesn't have Pathfinder; Shadow Walk is de facto Pathfinderm and immunity to free strikes works really well with Overtake.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Croctor is only really useful to other minions now.
Tricks & Tips
- Sacrificial Strike is awesome at getting rid of solos - or even catching casters by surprise when they think they are safe.
Other Minion models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- and might be inherited by "lingering" secondary damage (see below).
- If a spell leaves a template in play that does damage to models that walk around in it, then:
- if it is not described as a hazard it will do magical damage to models that walk around in it. (Example: Razor Wall)
- if it is a hazard then it will not do magical damage to models that walk around in it. Instead, it does whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it will still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Amphibious - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Magic Ability (Edit)
- Almost every magic ability cannot be used on the same turn you charge. Because a charge must (almost always) be followed by a melee attack.
- Using a Magic Ability counts as a spell, for effects such as Spell Ward, Witch Hunter, etc.
- Unlike with warcasters/warlocks, using a Magic Ability is not an "any time" ability. This means:
- You must complete your movement before you use a MA.
- You cannot make ranged or melee attacks on the same turn you use a MA.
- You cannot use a MA on the same turn you charge.
- (Unless, of course, the rules for the specific MA you're using say you can.)
- A model in a unit cannot use its Combat Action to cast a spell until all members of the unit have completed their movement. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Death Ride - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Sacrificial Strike (Edit)
- You cannot purchase additional attacks after using Sacrificial Strike, because it is a Special Action.
- You use the base ARM of the model. Any buffs/debuffs on the sacrifice have no effect on the attack.
- You need LOS to the target, as per normal, but you don't need LOS to the trooper that you RFP.
- Stealth doesn't defend vs Sacrificial Strike. There is no attack roll, so it can never miss.
Rules Clarification : Shadow Walk (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Ghostly (Edit)
- Ghostly doesn't let you move through other models, just terrain.
- Ghostly doesn't let you ignore damage from hazardous terrain. (Infernal Ruling)