Gatorman Witch Doctor
Each witch doctor is a powerful mystic who lives and breathes the foul necromantic arts that are his birthright. Life and death are two edges of the same bloody knife to the witch doctor, who often sees his allies as nothing more than tools of battle to be moved between those two states as required. Amid the morass of combat he gathers the vile totems required to power his spells, tearing the fleshy trophies from the carcasses of vanquished foes. Raising his sacral blade aloft, the witch doctor utters sibilant incantations that impel the huge beasts he control in a wave of scaled death.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|Gatorman Witch Doctor|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Sacral Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Death Ride (★ Action) - Friendly Faction Undead models that activate in this model's CMD range gain +1 movement when advancing as part of their normal movement. Death Ride lasts for one turn.
- Sacrificial Strike (★ Action) - Target model within CMD range suffers a magic damage roll equal to a nearby friendly faction model's ARM. The friendly model is RFP'd.
- Zombify (★ Action) - Target a friendly Faction non-warcaster, non-warlock warrior model in CMD range. It gains undead and Last Word for one round. (Last Word - When Aelyth is disabled by an enemy attack, except while advancing (free strikes), then he can immediately advance up to 3" ignoring free strikes then make a basic melee attack.)
2017.09 Blindwater CID
- Zombify now grants Last Word, too. Lost Dominate Undead but gained Death Ride
Thoughts on Gatorman Witch Doctor
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Gatorman Witch Doctor in a nutshell
The CrocDoc is a buff and utility solo, able to make the few minions that aren't already tough into tough models - and able to take out squishy solos no matter how high they think their DEF is through sacrificial strikes.
Combos & Synergies
- Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers The shamblers benefit by a source of tough, making them about a third more annoying to remove. While the Bokor on other turns gets cheap models to sac strike to take down valuable solos.
- Croak Raiders Fairly cheap and not tough - they like the resilience.
- Swamp Gobber Chef - the cheapest thing to sacrifice that's not a shambler.
- Greygore Boomhowler & Co. Top end of what you can sacrifice for single wound models.
- Maelok the Dreadbound Getting grunts back up for unlimited sac-strikes is pretty good. Especially in theme where you can use possemen.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Most minions are already tough and the Croctor only really works with minions now.
- You've got Skornergy with the Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers as they are already undead.
Tricks & Tips
- Sacrificial Strike is awesome at getting rid of solos - or even catching casters by surprise when they think they are safe.
- Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
Other Minion models