Gatorman Soul Slave
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Gatorman Soul Slave|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee attack
- Minion - In a 2+ warlock game, this model can accompany a minion warlock as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion.
- Attached - Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Faction warcaster for the rest of the game. Each Faction warcaster can only have one model/unit attached to it.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Arcane Assist - If its warcaster/warlock is in this model's CMD range during your Control Phase, the warcaster/warlock can upkeep one spell for free.
- Magic Ability [ 4 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Bone Shaker (★ Attack) - 8" range, POW 12 magic attack. If Bone Shaker boxes an enemy living or undead non-warcaster/warlock warrior model, you may advance that model, make a melee attack with it, and then RFP it.
- Spell Slave (★ Action) or (★ Attack) - While in its controlling warcaster/warlock's control area, this model may cast a single spell from their boss's spell card. There are several limits on what type of spells can be cast.
- Mental Force - This model can use Mental Force at the beginning of each attack. If it does, all attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted. After the attack is resolved, this model suffers d3 damage points.
Thoughts on Gatorman Soul Slave
Gatorman Soul Slave in a nutshell
- A support piece who is fragile but bring a lot, between boosted blasts, free upkeep, and other non-upkeep spells.
Combos & Synergies
- Rask is likely the one who benefit from it the most, with three upkeep, a non combat spell, and the odd bone shaker.
- Midas can let him cast a fully boosted Hex Blast, or support an unit with Battle Lust, and upkeep either of his other spell. Beware that he need to be out of theme or in WWtF to take him.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- relatively slow, and his rock bottom def mean he is an AoE magnet.
- rock bottom magic ability. To hit you will have to use Mental Force.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember he is not limited to gator warlock, so casters like Sturm and Midas can use him.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
Note: Due to the limitation of the Attached rule, non-Minion themes have been omitted for clarity.