Among the most formidable warriors of all the savage races, gatormen augment their natural battle prowess with brutal strength and oversized weapons. The barest scent of blood drives them into a killing frenzy, and a single gatorman can slay several men in a few gore-splattered seconds. Gatormen have no qualms about fighting for any master as long as they are provided with steel weapons and ample food.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Bite - 0.5" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Gatorman Weapon - 2" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Minion - Will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, Trollbloods.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Prayers - Choose a bonus from the following options each turn. All members of the unit gain the effects:
- Unyielding - When this model engages an enemy it gains +2 ARM.
Analysis of Gatorman Posse
Gatorman Posse in a nutshell
Solid heavy infantry although a bit overpriced for what they do - and with everyone teching to defeat jacks heavy infantry is less of a threat.
Combos and Synergies
- The Gatorman Posse get a lot of bonuses in The Blindwater Congregation - extra wounds, Snacking (which shuts down a lot of recursion), and they come with free models. Although rarely seen outside the theme force they are the backbone of the minion heavy infantry list in Blindwater.
- The other place where they shine is (again) another theme force. The Skorne Disciples of Agony gives them access to +2 str and no kd, add in an agonizer and you have a fairly durable brick.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They aren't actually that tough; a charging POW 12 can force a tough roll 50% of the time and they get hurt badly by any sort of solid shooting.
- For such an expensive unit they lack Pathfinder
Tricks and Tips
Changes from Mk II
Heavily nerfed. Lost three damage boxes (in exchange for Tough) and a point of MAT. They used to have Bloodthirst normally - and the prayer would give them Pathfinder. Dirge of mists used to provide a smaller general def bonus which stacked with concealment and came with terror. All of which shows how strong they were in Mk2.
- The Dec 2016/Jan 2017 errata lowered their cost.