Among the most formidable warriors of all the savage races, gatormen augment their natural battle prowess with brutal strength and oversized weapons. The barest scent of blood drives them into a killing frenzy, and a single gatorman can slay several men in a few gore-splattered seconds. Gatormen have no qualms about fighting for any master as long as they are provided with steel weapons and ample food.
|Unit Size||3 / 5|
|Cost||10 / 16|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Gatorman Weapon - 2" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Prayers - Choose a bonus from the following options each turn. All members of the unit gain the effects:
- Dirge of Mists - Affected models gain concealment. Models are not affected while out of formation. Lasts for one round.
- Offerings to Kossk - The Posse can reroll missed attack rolls. Lasts for one turn.
- Predator's Prayer - The Posse gain Bloodthirst for this activation. (Bloodthirst - When it charges a living model, this model gains 2" movement.)
- Unyielding - This model gains +2 ARM against melee damage rolls.
This rule changed in 2018.01
2017.12 Blindwater CID
- The cost of a max unit went down 1 point.
- Offerings to Kossk affects all attacks (it used to only work vs living models).
Analysis of Gatorman Posse
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Gatorman Posse in a nutshell
Solid heavy infantry although a bit overpriced for what they do and, with everyone teching to defeat jacks, heavy infantry is less of a threat.
They're very common in The Blindwater Congregation theme force where they get +3 HP, Snacking (which shuts down a lot of recursion), and count towards free models. Although rarely seen outside the theme force, they are the backbone of the minion heavy infantry list in Blindwater.
Combos and Synergies
- Blindwater, as mentioned above.
- The other place where they shine is (again) another theme force. The Skorne Disciples of Agony theme force gives them access to +2 STR and immunity to knockdown. Add in an Agonizer and you have a fairly durable brick.
- Maelok the Dreadbound gives them an extra two points of ARM - which lets them become really bricky in theme.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They aren't actually that tough; a charging POW 12 can force a tough roll 50% of the time and they get hurt badly by any sort of solid shooting.
- For such an expensive unit they lack Pathfinder
Tricks and Tips
Released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models