Minion Gatorman Unit
Among the most formidable warriors of all the savage races, gatormen augment their natural battle prowess with brutal strength and oversized weapons. The barest scent of blood drives them into a killing frenzy, and a single gatorman can slay several men in a few gore-splattered seconds. Gatormen have no qualms about fighting for any master as long as they are provided with steel weapons and ample food.
| Base Size
| Unit Size
| Points Cost
Weapons and Attacks
- Bite - 0.5" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Gatorman Weapon - 2" range, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Minion - Will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, Trollbloods.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Prayers - Choose a bonus from the following options each turn. All members of the unit gain the effects:
- Unyielding - When this model engages an enemy it gains +2 ARM. (Black Fleet CID changes this to This model gains +2 ARM against melee attacks)
2017 12 Dynamic Update
- Cheaper and Offerings to Kossk affects all attacks.
This model/theme's rules have recently changed dramtically, and the "Thoughts On" section has not (yet) been updated to reflect its new capabilities.
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Analysis of Gatorman Posse
Gatorman Posse in a nutshell
Solid heavy infantry although a bit overpriced for what they do - and with everyone teching to defeat jacks heavy infantry is less of a threat.
Combos and Synergies
- The Gatorman Posse get a lot of bonuses in The Blindwater Congregation - extra wounds, Snacking (which shuts down a lot of recursion), and they come with free models. Although rarely seen outside the theme force they are the backbone of the minion heavy infantry list in Blindwater.
- The other place where they shine is (again) another theme force. The Skorne Disciples of Agony gives them access to +2 str and no kd, add in an agonizer and you have a fairly durable brick.
- Maelok the Dreadbound fives them an extra two points of ARM - which lets them become really bricky in theme.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They aren't actually that tough; a charging POW 12 can force a tough roll 50% of the time and they get hurt badly by any sort of solid shooting.
- For such an expensive unit they lack Pathfinder
Tricks and Tips
Changes from Mk II
Heavily nerfed. Lost three damage boxes (in exchange for Tough) and a point of MAT. They used to have Bloodthirst normally - and the prayer would give them Pathfinder. Dirge of mists used to provide a smaller general def bonus which stacked with concealment and came with terror. All of which shows how strong they were in Mk2.
- The Dec 2016/Jan 2017 errata lowered their cost.
Theme Forces this is a member of
The Blindwater Congregation - (Article) (Category)
Rules Clarification : Amphibious - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Prayers (Edit)
| Restrictions on "Any Time" abilities (Edit)
- "Any Time" abilities can be used at any time during a model/unit's activation, except:
- The model with the Any Time ability has had their activation end "prematurely". By this I mean you resolve anything which includes "its activation ends". Examples include:
- Running, failing a charge, or failing a slam.
- Abilities that include "then its activation ends" (such as Reposition and Teleport).
- You're in the middle of moving. (Note: Impact Attacks count as being in the middle of movement).
- You're in the middle of an attack. Note that the attack is not over until you finish step 14 of the attack sequence (Apdx A).
- Your opponent interrupted your activation to trigger one of their own abilities, such as Countercharge.
- In general you can use "Any Time" abilities while you're knocked down or stationary (except Spells and Feats which specify you can't).
- Even if the ability says "any time during the unit's activation", a model in a unit can't use an Any Time ability if they run, fail a charge, or use an ability like Reposition.
- Because that model's activation has ended (even if the unit's activation is still ongoing) and you can't use abilities on models that are not active.
- So, for example:
- You cannot use a minifeat after the Officer runs. (Infernal Ruling)
- You cannot use a minifeat after anyone in the unit has begun a Reposition move. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Dirge of Mists - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Unyielding (Edit)
- If you can't be "in melee" with your target (for instance an enemy Steamroller objective) then you can't get Unyielding.
- If you become knocked down, stationary, or otherwise lose your melee range you lose Unyielding.
- An enemy can engage you, without you engaging them (for instance they're in your back arc). In this case, you don't get Unyielding.