|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Claws - 0.5" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, and Skorne minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Undead - This model is an undead model and not a living model.
- Ambush - This unit may choose not to deploy normally, and instead be deployed completely within 3" of an edge of the board (excluding the back of your opponent's deployment zone) on any turn after the first.
- Carnivorous Swarm - When a Husk is disabled, center a 5˝ AOE on it, then RFP it. Models in the AOE suffer a POW 12 corrosion damage roll. The AOE is a cloud effect and hazard that remains in play for one round. An enemy model entering or ending its activation in the AOE suffer 1 point of corrosion damage.
- Eruption of Flies - When a Husk suffers damage as a result of an enemy melee or ranged attack, after the attack is resolved the Husk can target the attacking model with a 8" spray, POW 14 ranged attack that causes corrosion damage. Models hit suffer continuous corrosion. The Husk can make this ranged attack even while in melee.
- Hyper-Aggressive - When this model suffers damage from an enemy attack, except when advancing, after the attack it can make a full advance directly towards the attacker.
Thoughts on Gatorman Husk
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Gatorman Husk in a nutshell
The husk is a ticking time bomb that blows up infantry.
Combos & Synergies
- in Disciple of Agonies you can sacrificial pawn shots on him to spray an unsuspecting attacker.
- Work a lot better in packs. You can either pack them so that killing one will cause a chain reaction, or space them for maximum annoyance. Notably, enemy models need to take a free strike to pass between two husk spaced enough to not make a chain reaction.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Short melee range, so he won't tie down all that many shooters.
- A lot of model can take a free strike from him without breaking a sweat.
- Your own attacks don't trigger the spray (although they do trigger the explosion).
- Slow and somewhat expensive for what it does.
Tricks & Tips
- Since his explosion might trigger when he takes a free strike, you can force your opponent to choose between taking the free strike and possibly dying, or letting you move where you want.
- Shoot him in the back for an on-demand 5" cloud.
- The Hyper-Aggressive movement occurs before the Eruption of Flies. (Appendix A Step 12 vs Step 14)
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
Other Minion models