Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fearsome necromancers, gatorman bokors wield the very powers of life and death. Stalking among the war parties of the gatormen, bokors command the walking slave-corpses of bog trogs, using the cadavers in death with the same ruthlessness that first cost them their lives. Should any doubt the terrible power of the gatormen, they need only look upon the bokors and their undead minions.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
- 3 Other
|Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers|
|MAT||6 / 5|
|DEF||12 / 10|
|ARM||16 / 13|
|CMD||7 / 4|
|HP||8 / 1|
|Unit Size|| 1 Bokur|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Tail Strike - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Claws - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- The Bokur has better stats, as shown in the statbox.
- Gatorman - the Bokur is a Gatorman. The Shamblers are not, and the unit is not a Gatorman unit.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Death Magic - 1) During its activation this model can RFP friendly Grunt models in its unit that are in formation to make additional melee attacks or to boost attack or damage rolls. It can make one additional melee attack or boost one roll for each model removed. 2) When this model would suffer damage, you can choose one or more models in this unit that are in this model’s CMD range to suffer any number of those damage points instead, divided as you choose. If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Death Magic than it has unmarked damage boxes.
- Stir the Dead - When a living model is destroyed in this model’s CMD range, this model gains the destroyed model’s corpse token. At the end of your next Control Phase, remove all corpse tokens from this model and add one Grunt to this unit for each corpse token removed. Place the Grunts completely within this model’s CMD range. This unit cannot have more than twenty Grunts in play at any time.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Hand of Glory (★ Attack) - Short range, make the target stationary.
2017.12 Blindwater Dynamic Update
- Cost reduced by 1 point
Thoughts on Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers in a nutshell
It's a zombie horde! Shamblers aren't great - but they are good enough to mess up the enemy and jam up charge lanes.
Combos & Synergies
- Lots of infantry - lots of bodies for the mill
- Sacral Vault - the Gator recycles the bodies, the Vault the souls. The vault also brings telemetry for more accurate Hand of Glories. ( WRONG! The shamblers are undead. Stir the dead states that that the Bokor can only use living models to activate)
- Paingiver Task Master - Extra hitting power is always useful - especially with this many troops. And tough shamblers are annoying.
- Bog Trog Mist Speaker Veteran Leader really helps shamblers hit average targets.
- Gatorman Witch Doctor Extra speed on Shamblers is useful. And they are great cheap targets for sacrificial strikes. However be aware that the Witch Doctor zombifying other units will deny you corpse tokens for Shamblers.
- Wurmwood, Tree of Fate & Cassius the Oathkeeper - Similar to the Sacral Vault; you're already farming soul tokens, why not double up and farm corpse tokens too?
- The Blindwater Congregation theme effectively makes them cheaper.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Shamblers are terrible troops
- The Bokor is a killable lynchpin.
Tricks & Tips
- You're better to run and jam with them, than you are to burn your clock time making attacks with them.
Released in Hordes: Gargantuans (2013)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models