A natural at hit-and-run tactics, the bitter, reckless Gastone Crosse prefers to strike from a distance, whether with his powerful mechanikal pistol Gypsy Kiss or the cannons of his warjacks. He lends his arcane power to extending the range of his battlegroup's arms, while each kill provides them with a burst of arcane speed.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gastone Crosse
- 3 Other
Mercenary Llaelese Solo
Weapons and Attacks
- Soul Reaver - 12" range, POW 12 gun
- Knife x2 - 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapons
- Mercenary - Will work for Cygnar and Menoth
- Battlegroup Controller - This model is a solo but functions like a mini-warcaster. It has a FOCUS stat, can buy/boost attacks, cast spells, and control warjacks. It must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup.
- Backstab - This model gains an additional die to hit and damage rolls when it attacks from the target's back arc.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Fire Group - Cost 2
- While in the caster's CTRL range, battlegroup models gain +2 RNG on their guns. Lasts for one turn.
- Moving Shadows - Cost 2, Upkeep
- While in Gastone's control range, battlegroup models gain Run & Gun. (Run & Gun - If this model destroys an enemy with a ranged attack during its activation, at the end of its activation it can make a full advance.)
Thoughts on Gastone Crosse
Gastone Crosse in a nutshell
Gastone Crosse is the mercenary journeyman warcaster - a run and gun merchant who takes journeyman warjacks and makes them shoot better.
Combos & Synergies
Crosse would be taken much more often if he didn't have to haul a merc jack along with him because he's a strong solo on his own. Fire Group and Moving Shadows commend him to ranged jacks, the Mule, Mariner and Rover being strong candidates. However, there's also a good case for a Talon or a Buccaneer as a really cheap warjack and letting Gastone be a super-solo with boostable guns while the jack gets trashed.
The Vanguard used to be his signature warjack when he got it at a discount, but now the discount is gone and it's too expensive. Plus its short range doesn't work well with his spells since they don't work beyond his 8" control range.
Some builds include him running a Galleon to benefit from Fire Group, generally under a caster that does not offer battlegroup buffs like Magnus1, who Snipes it. This is staggeringly expensive, but shoots very far.
Crosse runs the best Mule in the game for what it's worth. With Fire Group and Moving Shadows, it shoots respectably far and can move after it shoots if it kills something. Paired with Snipe for extra range, it becomes rather effective in messing up enemy plans from afar if you get Devastation. Damiano can cast Deadeye on Crosse's Mule, which dramatically improves the odds of a crit and can wreak all sorts of havoc. Ashlynn's feat can provide a similar effect for but one turn.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Like all non warcasters controlling jacks, he's squishy.
Despite having two knives, if he is stabbing things something has gone terribly wrong
He has very poor RAT, which effectively requires him to boost or aim to reliably hit even Khador jacks.
Tricks & Tips
No One runs jacks like Gastone!
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
- He became cheaper but now needs a warjack.
- Lost Flank (Warjack)
- Gained Backstab
- Weapon renamed Soul Reaver and it gained Reload (1)
- Lost Scavenger (Vanguard)
In MKII, his pistol was known as 'Gypsy Kiss.' It's even still referred to by that name in the fluff. However PP has decided to rename it Soul Reaver on his MKIII stat card and in WarRoom, possibly because 'Gypsy' is sometimes considered a racial slur. Gun & Run was renamed Run & Gun for some reason, the former made far more sense.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models