The oldest vector design still in use, the Galvanizers form the core of the Convergence’s vector armory. Galvanizers are equipped with metal saws powerful enough to rip through the thickest armor plating or cause horrific damage to flesh and bone yet precise enough to be used in conjunction with their field repair arrays for quick battlefield maintenance. This versatility makes the Galvanizer an indispensable battlefield asset.
- Metal Saw - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee attack.
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack. It is big and stompy, as normal, but swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Repair [d3+1] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3+1 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
Thoughts on Galvanizer
Galvanizer in a nutshell
A cheap light jack that can repair or attempt to apply grievous wounds.
Combos & Synergies
- Most casters like having a repair-bot with more hit points than the Optifex Directive.
- Grievous Wounds is something to remember against opponents with good repair or heal abilities. Mountain kings and Imperatus in particular.
- Forge Master Syntherion likes to take a few to run up the synergy chain. There is a tactic of taking as many Galvanizers as possible with him, and just swarming the enemy. It's not particularly good though.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Poor defensive stats
- Not much offensive output
Tricks & Tips
- He is as cheap as they come. Jam him into your enemy's face, and force them to waste attacks on a 5 point light.
Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
Themes for any-and-all Vectors (Edit)
Other Convergence models
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors - Eminent Configurator Orion|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
|Destruction Initiative - Clockwork Legions||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples
The oldest vector configuration in current use, the Galvanizer forms the backbone of many battlegroups. Its metal saw might lack the high rotation speed of its cousins in the lumber trade, but it is much better suited to ripping through iron and steel. The circular blade is capable of power and precision in equal measure. In one instant, it can be cutting through the heaviest armor; in the next, it exhibits the meticulous dexterity required to remove dented plating from an ally, thereby restoring operational range of motion.
Couple this versatile tool with the Galvanizer's field repair array, and the vector becomes the ideal vehicle for effecting battlefield repair. In fact, it possesses even the finesse required to mend the plating that protects a clockwork's delicate soul node.
In battle, Galvanizers resemble robotic insects scuttling over the landscape to swarm hostile machines. They shred enemy warjacks like a host of voracious locusts, bringing once-mighty engines of destruction crashing to the ground. Perhaps even more disconcerting for the enemy, however, is how they scramble over the battered forms of their own - not to scavenge but to restore a vector or clockwork vessel from impotent scrap to empowered killer.