|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
An ancient manifestation of the Devourer Wurm’s conscious will, the gallows grove flourishes on soil soaked in the blood of sacrifice and violent massacres. Possessing an unsettling approximation of sentience, these gnarled trees might vanish only to reappear where the blood flows most freely. Powerful druids of the Circle are able to feed their will into these conduits of power and then unleash it upon those marked for death. The very presence of these trees saps vitality from the living as wounds gape wide to pour blood upon the thirsty roots of their destroyers.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Central Locus - When a warlock channels a spell through a Gallows Grove, the caster may target models in the tree's back arc.
- Channeler - This model can channel spells.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Entropic Force - While within 5" of this model, enemy models lose tough and cannot be healed/repaired.
- Immobile - This model has no Normal Movement or Combat Action, cannot become knocked down or be moved, and is automatically hit by melee attacks
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Strange Growth - This model can be placed completely within 5" during its activation and can not be placed otherwise.
Thoughts on Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove in a nutshell
The Gallows Grove exists for warlocks to channel spells through. Blocking tough is a cute bonus. If you have a spell slinging warlock, this is almost mandatory tech. If not, you don't bother.
Combos & Synergies
- Any offensive spell slinging warlock.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It has one job. And does little else
Tricks & Tips
- Blocking tough is a cute bonus, try to not forget it.
- They are great at contesting zones, since they can't be moved and take an above average amount of work to kill.
Released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
- Secret Masters - (Article) (Category)
- Call of the Wild - (Article) (Category)
- The Devourer's Host (Article) (Category)
- The Bones of Orboros (Article) (Category)
- The Wild Hunt (Article) (Category)
Other Circle models