The raw might of a naval ironhull now walks the lands as the Galleon. The colossal fires a rolling broadside before reaching out with its enormous cargo claw to toss warjacks like rag dolls. It can also use its massive trident to reel in foes and finish them off at close range with a series of punishing blows. The Galleon commands a high price, but for those mercenaries who have the fortune to spend, it fights as a symbol of unquestionable affluence and might.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Galleon
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Trident Strike - 2" range, P+S 22 melee weapon
- Cargo Claw - 2" range, P+S 20 melee weapon
- Gun port (x2) - 14" range, ROF D3, AOE 3, POW 13 ranged weapons.
- Harpoon Cannon - 10" range, POW 15 ranged weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Thoughts on Galleon
Galleon in a nutshell
The Galleon is among the better colossals in the game, and probably the best overall when run by Bart. It's dangerous to everything and has the ranged output it needs to justify its price tag. On most turns, its combat action should consist of firing the Gun Ports, then using the Harpoon Gun to drag in a heavy and stabbing it with the Harpoon melee weapon.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Bartolo Montador turns the Galleon into the single most powerful model in the game. Batten Down the Hatches and his feat make the Galleon a very tough out for a lot of armies. Hot Shot boosts every single ranged attack damage roll it makes, while Broadside gives a free ranged attack, which can catch opponents off guard if you run the Galleon and cast this spell.
- Drake MacBain can use Fail Safe to make it hard to kill and Jackhammer for smashing things after a Drag. There is no better target for these spells than the Galleon Fortune is always fun for making sure attacks hit as well, though usually you'll have Fail Safe on the Galleon.
- Magnus the Traitor can make it tough to disable systems with Death Ward, while Iron Aggression makes it even more of a beast in Melee. Or he can just add Snipe to give it that much more reach with its ranged attacks.
- Captain Phinneus Shae can use Phantasm to make enemies have to draw close to shoot it, then Coup De Main to give it that extra charge range to get into melee.
- Ashlynn D'Elyse's feat makes the Galleon accurate, which if paired with Crosse's Fire Group spell, Dougal's Double Powder Ration and Quicken gives her an assassination threat that could catch somebody off guard.
Rangers give it a valuable hit fixer in the Kingmaker theme
- Gastone Crosse can give the Galleon a bonus to RNG for a round with Fire Group. Pair this with Snipe or Quicken for possible assassinations.
- Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile has Artillerist for extra RAT and Double Powder Ration for extra RNG for one round.
- Ragman can stay close to the Galleon and use Death Field to weaken all opponents in its melee range.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's 1 or 2 points too expensive, but that's not a huge deal.
- It has low MAT and RAT, which means it gets less done under Macbain or Magnus1 than you'd like since you'll be boosting to hit.
Tricks & Tips
- Galleon throws models 8.5". If your opponent has left a model within 8.5" of their caster that Galleon can reach with a directly-away throw (review your throw rules), you should look for the knockdown assassination, especially if you can have Bart cast Broadsides to drag the caster in after the throw.
- In MKII Warmachine, the Galleon (and other colossals) were frequently the first (and only) player choice over the equivalent point value of warjacks. Now, the increased warjack points and Power Up rule in MKIII make non-colossal warjacks arguably more useful.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Colossals expansion (2012).
How can I include this model in my army?
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
|Mercenary 'Jack Controllers (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Caine3 - Captain Bart - Captain Damiano - Gastone2 - Captain Shae - Macbain - Constance - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Raluk Moorclaw - Rutger Shaw - Sam & the Devil Dogs|
Theme Forces this is a member of
For a Mercenary warjack to be taken in a Theme Force, not only does the 'jack have to meet the theme criteria but it's controller does too. With that in mind, Galleon can be taken in:
Other Mercenary models