Based on the Ironclad chassis and heavily modified by Sancteum armorers, Gallant is a walking instrument of righteous battle and the favored warjack of the warcaster Constance Blaize. In combat Gallant wields the mighty blade Lasting Light to strike down the enemies of Morrow as dictated by the Prayers for Battle, the holy catechism mounted onto its hull.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gallant
- 3 Other
|ARM|| 18 / 19|
|(★) 19 when you include the buckler|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Lasting Light - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Animosity [Thamarite or Undead] - This model can't be included in the same army as a Thamarite or Undead model.
- Mercenary - This model will work as a Cygnar Partisan . Because he actually has this rule (unlike other Mercenary warjacks), Gallant cannot be taken in non-Mercenary non-Cygnar factions.
- Partisan [Cygnar] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Bond [Constance] - If this model begins the game in Constance's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Constance and in their CTRL range, it gains Shield Guard. (Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.)
- Accumulator [Morrowan] - When it begins its activation within 3" of one or more friendly Morrowan models, this model gains 1 focus point.
- Sacred Ward - This model can't be targeted by enemy spells.
Thoughts on Gallant
Gallant in a nutshell
Gallant is Constance Blaize's personal warjack and usually only seen in theme with her due to character warjack restrictions. There is currently no compelling reason to take Gallant without Blaize and vica versa. With Blaize, Gallant is extremely effective.
Combos & Synergies
- Constance Blaize, Knight of the Prophet makes him charge farther, gives him Shield Guard and lets him use her focus to boost attack and damage rolls. Gallant also helps the Flank bonus to be triggered from 2" afar. It is not over the top to regard Connie as a caster with Gallant and 13 WJP.
- Note: Gallant would have to be taken out of theme to be run by anyone other than Constance Blaize.
- Harlan Versh, Illuminated One is worthwhile in his own right and charges that accumulator
- Precursor Knights are good at charging the accumulator
- Captain Allister Caine, Captain Jeremiah Kraye and Jakes2 can get Gallant to DEF 15 thanks to Bullet Dodger. Dodge is a handy benefit, too.
- Major Prime Victoria Haley can achieve the same thanks to Temporal Distortion.
- Putting him in Jakes1's battlegroup and putting Sidekick on it pushes his DEF to an impressive 15.
- This can also be combined with Temporal Distortion under Haley3 for a ninja-like DEF 17.
- With Harlan Versh present to activate Accumulator, she can upkeep Sidekick, allocate Gallant one focus and still have enough to push Gallant forward with Energizer while ensuring that it is sitting on 3 focus when it activates.
- Just make sure you place Harlan within 3" of where Gallant will end his move from Energizer.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Expensive for a heavy warjack with no gun.
- Only realistically going to be played with Constance Blaize due to the benefits themes bring.
Tricks and Tips
- Gallant is able to use his focus to buy attacks while Blaize boosts for him using her own focus thanks to Radiance of Morrow.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
How can I include this warjack in my army?
Unlike all other mercenary warjacks, Gallant can't be taken by a in non-Mercenary forces by any 'Jack Marshal.
- He can be taken in a Cygnar force
- in which case he is a Cygnar jack and must be controlled by a Cygnar controller.
- He can be taken in a Mercenary force
- in which case he is a Mercenary jack and must be be controlled by one of the Mercenary controllers listed below.
- He cannot be taken in any other Faction
- not even under a Mercenary Jack Marshal/Journeyman that will work for that other faction.
- Note: There is a bug in Warroom that does allow you to put Gallant in other factions.
To include this mercenary warjack in your army, it must be controlled by one of the following warcasters or marshals. Thus, to include this jack you first need to find a controller that works for your army.
Note: The Vanguard and Toro could also be controlled by a Crucible Guard battlegroup controller.
|Mercenary 'Jack Controllers (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Caine3 - Captain Bart - Captain Damiano - Gastone2 - Captain Shae - Macbain - Constance - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Raluk Moorclaw - Rutger Shaw - Sam & the Devil Dogs|
If Gallant is taken in Blaize's battlegroup then he can be taken in:
Cygnar Themes for any-and-all bonded warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
If he is taken in anyone else's battlegroup, he can't be taken in a theme force.
Other Faction models
Rules Clarification : Gallant
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)