Forge Master Syntherion
Constantly processing and as remote as the disembodied members of the Constellation, Sytherion's mind is occupied with complex equations, energy schematics and the application of engineering principles. Sytherion brings the same single-minded efficiency to war as to his workshop. There is no room for emotions, no pity or mercy. In every engagement Sytherion seeks to quickly eliminate whatever opposes him. Those clockwork soldiers who accompany him in battle know only too well that the forge master gives no allowance for error, discarding any who fail him, for in his calculations there is no possibility of redemption.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Forge Master Syntherion
|Forge Master Syntherion|
Weapons and Attacks
- Static Bolt - Range 11, POW 11 gun
- Workshop Array x2 - Range 0.5", P+S 14 melee weapons
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Auto-Repair - Remove d3 damage points from this model during your Control Phase.
- Field Marshal [Auto-Repair] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Auto-Repair.
- Resourceful - This caster can upkeep spells on battlegroup models for free.
- Soul Vessel - This model has a soul as if it were a living model.
- Technological Superiority - Free charges and Dual Attack for his battle group. (Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.)
- Convection - Cost 2, 10" range, POW 12
- If Convection destroys a living enemy model, you can give 1 focus point to a warjack in the caster's battlegroup and CTRL range.
- Hot-Shot - Cost 2, range 6, Upkeep spell. Target model in the spellcaster's battlegroup gains boosted ranged attack damage rolls.
- Magnetic Hold - Short range, Average Focus, Upkeep: Target model/unit suffers a small debuff to DEF and SPD and cannot charge or make slam/trample attacks. Friendly faction construct models gain a small movement buff when charging the affected model.
- Reconstruct - Cost 3, 6" range, Upkeep.
- When target battlegroup large-based or smaller warjack is disabled by an enemy attack (except when advancing), it is placed completely within 3" of its current location instead and each system heals 1 point, then Reconstruct expires.
- Synergy - Cost 2, self, ctrl, Upkeep
- While in the caster's CTRL range, their battlegroup gain a +1 cumulative bonus on melee attack & damage rolls, up to a limit of 3, for each other battlegroup model that hit an enemy in melee this turn while in the caster's CTRL range.
Thoughts on Forge Master Syntherion
Forge Master Syntherion in a nutshell
Syntherion is the all round toolbox caster for Convergence, a combined-arms caster with the joint highest RAT of any Convergence caster (with Iron Mother Directrix), the joint second highest MAT backed up by Synergy for significant melee power, and a feat that encourages you to use vectors with both ranged and melee attacks.
Combos & Synergies
Syntherion works exceptionally well with
- Prime Axiom, transforms the angry fridge into the whirlwind of death.
- With Hot Shot, Axiom's accelspiker can make mincemeat of just about anything.
- On feat turn, the Prime Axiom can dish out 12 attacks in one activation. With flare support, the axiom can crush half the opponent's forces with ease or conduct surprise caster-kills.
- Prime Axiom is a good way to start off his synergy chain, yet sometimes he prefer to max out his synergy by charging lighter vectors like Cipher. With a capped synergy axiom can destroy almost anything in one turn.
- On feat turn, the Axiom can two-handed throw a model at something to knock it down, make ranged attacks against the knocked down target, and if you dragged the target to you successfully, it can buy additional melee attacks. But good luck actually having anything to punch after that onslaught.
- Shooting vectors, such as Assimilators or Ciphers are his favorite vectors. Syntherion has the highest RAT in CoC, making him helpful for many powerful ranged attacks. Ranged vectors get to take full advantage of his feat too, basically getting a free initial.
- The Galvanizer is a cheap jack to run up the Synergy chain.
- The Diffuser adds both shooting and threat ranges for his charges.
- Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex helps him get magnetic hold onto a key unit without putting him too far forward.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He is well-rounded, and doesn't specialize in any one thing.
- His average focus stat means hot swapping spells or boosting can deplete him quickly
- Very upkeep dependent
Tricks & Tips
- Beacon and Magnetic Hold stacks. This can double the charge distance bonus.
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
Syntherion is almost identical to his MK2 incarnation. The only difference is that Synergy only allows a maximum bonus of 3.
Every member of the Convergence is devoted to the completion of the Great Work, but Forge Master Syntherion applies his piety to everything created in his forges, seeing the fractal perfection of the part as it will extend to the whole. In his eyes, each machine built is a communion with his goddess, a sacrament that reaffirms his connection with the Maiden of Gears.
Syntherion is perhaps closer to absolute synergy with the machine than any other Convergence leader. His life before his transformation is but the barest glimmer in his vast mind, and he has long since surrendered nearly all human emotions. Constantly processing and as a remote as the disembodied members of the Constellation, his mind is occupied with complex equations, energy schematics, and the application of engineering principles. He is so at one with his work that he can loose himself in it for days on end without any awareness whatsoever of time passing.
Rather than overseeing a single facility, Syntherion goes where he is needed, tasked by Father Lucant and Iron Mother Directrix both to improve the machinery of the temples and to lead Convergence forces deep into enemy territory. With his army, the forge master claims the key territories required to further the Great Work. He efficiently clears out any opposition he encounters before rapidly constructing the transformative machinery required to realign geomantic energies. This work completed, he moves on to the next vital task. To him, even the most difficult battle is little more than an inconvenient distraction.
Even among his fellows, Syntherion's innate comprehension of engineering borders on the sublime. He understand machines on a purely harmonic level, with a flawless and instinctual grasp of both form and function. Syntherion's technical ability is greatly admired among the Convergence and his grasp of the machine is so far advanced few outside the sect can even begin to undersand his innovations. Likewise, he can replicate - if not improve - new technology after only a glance. To his peers, his thought process is alien and unfathomable.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Convergence generic themes (Edit)
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Faction Models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent - Eminent Configurator Orion|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
Convergence Mercenaries (Edit)
There are currently no mercenaries that will work for Convergence.
|Convergence of Cyriss - Theme Forces (Edit)|