Horgenhold Forge Guard
The Horgenhold Forge Guard enter battle in superlative Rhulic armor, form an impervious line, and deliver blows capable of toppling warjacks with their massive, piston-driven hammers. Though the dwarves remain officially neutral in the southern wars of men, the Forge Guard hire out as mercenaries and bring the power of raw, blunt destruction to the battlefield.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|Horgenhold Forge Guard|
Weapons and Attacks
Mechanikal Hammer - 2" range, POW 11 melee weapon.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and the Protectorate of Menoth.
- Wall of Steel - This model gains +2 ARM bonus while it is B2B with another model in its unit.
Thoughts on Horgenhold Forge Guard
Horgenhold Forge Guard in a nutshell
Hard hitting weapon masters, these dwarves aren't the fastest people into the fray - but when they get there they have the hitting power to smash almost anything that gets in their way, especially on the charge. Although easy to hit they shrug off blast damage and even fire from military rifles struggles to penetrate their wall of steel.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum buffs all dwarves
- They like a skirmish line in front of them to avoid getting charged.
- They are a decent choice for a ranking officer as they tale some faction buffs extremely well. Dauntless Resolve for arm 21 tough weaponmaster dwarves anyone?
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They are slow
- They are easy to hit.
Tricks and Tactics
- Wreck heavies with them
Changes from Mk2
- Defensive Line renamed Wall of Steel, same effect
- Lost Ranked Attacks