Mercenary Rhulic Unit
The Horgenhold Forge Guard enter battle in superlative Rhulic armor, form an impervious line, and deliver blows capable of toppling warjacks with their massive, piston-driven hammers. Though the dwarves remain officially neutral in the southern wars of men, the Forge Guard hire out as mercenaries and bring the power of raw, blunt destruction to the battlefield.
|Horgenhold Forge Guard
Mercenary Rhulic Unit
| Unit Size
Weapons and Attacks
Mechanikal Hammer - 2" range, POW 11 melee weapon.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
Thoughts on Horgenhold Forge Guard
Horgenhold Forge Guard in a nutshell
Hard hitting weapon masters, these dwarves aren't the fastest people into the fray - but when they get there they have the hitting power to smash almost anything that gets in their way, especially on the charge. Although easy to hit they shrug off blast damage and even fire from military rifles struggles to penetrate their wall of steel.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum buffs all dwarves
- They like a skirmish line in front of them to avoid getting charged.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They are slow
- They are easy to hit.
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk2
- Defensive Line renamed Wall of Steel, same effect
- Lost Ranked Attacks
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Smite (Edit)
- This rule changed in Mk3 to no longer say it "adds the weapon's POW". It still does add the POW, however, because the whole section on calculating Slam damage was reworded in the main rulebook.
- Smite is not a Power Attack Slam, it is just an attack which causes a model to be slammed. As such, you can smite friendly models.
- You can trigger Critical Smite on a free strike.
- If you Smite on a charge, then the slam damage will be boosted.
- See also the clarifications on being slammed
Rules Clarification : Wall of Steel (Edit)
- If you're slammed or thrown into a model with Wall of Steel, you'll immediately benefit. So you'll get the ARM bonus vs the slam/throw damage, too!
- It's not possible to be B2B with someone at the same time you move, so you can't gain Wall of Steel at the same time you enter a damaging template (such as Covering Fire).
- No, you cannot move an infinitely small distance and thus travel in an arc. This is Warmachine, not calculus.
- However, if you can move througha model, ignore the above.
Theme Forces this is a member of
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)