|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The light warjacks commissioned by the Cygnaran Armory set the standard by which all light ’jacks are judged. The original Charger chassis has proven an excellent platform for versatile and deadly machines. The Firefly is the most recent variant of the Charger chassis and possesses cutting-edge electro-mechanika capable of frying opponents to a crisp.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Electro Glaive - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Storm Blaster - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Ionization - When a model suffers an electrical damage roll while within 5" of this model, add +2 to the roll.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Firefly
Firefly in a nutshell
As an individual, it can deal serious damage to infantry at range and light jacks up close, but don't expect too much out of it alone; it's cheap for a reason.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything with lightning attacks. It is nearly auto-include in a Storm Division theme force.
- Nemo1 has a lightning damage feat. Nothing wrong with extra damage on that
- Nemo3 also buffs lightning damage (in his case via feat). They stack.
- Silver Line Stormguards add further to the hitting power. If you manage to capitalize it further with other solos, like Aiyana and Holt, or Gorman, then even the humble POW10 lightnings will hit harder than the Defender's heavy barrel.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Works well with a lightning themed army, but pretty much not at all otherwise.
- Ionization's wording means you need the Firefly standing near the enemy to get the damage benefit, which is a risky position to put a light warjack in. It is not always a bad trade-off though, see Tips section.
- Ionization doesn't differentiate between friendly and enemy - if the Firefly is standing in the middle of your army and the enemy has electrical attacks, you've just handed a damage buff to your enemy.
- Of course, if you're taking a Firefly you're probably taking a whole bunch of other Immunity:Electrical stuff, but still.
Tricks & Tips
- Ionization works on the Firefly's attacks, too. It's nearly always worth moving closer before firing.
- Don't be afraid to run the Firefly on a suicide mission to get the Ionization bonus. He is a cheap jack, and +2 damage can be huge for things like Dynamo's gun, the Storm Strider, the Thunderhead's Sustained Attacks, or the Hurricane's Storm Emitters.
- Ionization also effects Electro-Leaps. The difference between POW 10 and POW 12 when picking off support solos is big.
- Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Cygnar (February 2010)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models