The light warjacks commissioned by the Cygnaran Armory set the standard by which all light ’jacks are judged. The original Charger chassis has proven an excellent platform for versatile and deadly machines. The Firefly is the most recent variant of the Charger chassis and possesses cutting-edge electro-mechanika capable of frying opponents to a crisp.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Electro Glaive - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Storm Blaster - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Ionization - When a model suffers an electrical damage roll while within 5" of this model, add +2 to the roll.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Firefly
Firefly in a nutshell
The Firefly's huge selling point is that it buffs the electrical damage rolls of other models like the Storm Strider and the Hurricane - in some armies this is amazing and in others pointless. As a individual, it can deal serious damage to infantry at range, light jacks up close, but don't expect too much out of it alone; it's cheap for a reason.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything with lightning attacks.
- Nemo1 has a lightning damage feat. Nothing wrong with extra damage on that
- Nemo3 also buffs lightning damage (in his case via feat). They stack.
- Silver Line Stormguards add further to the hitting power. If you manage to capitalize it further with other solos, like Aiyana and Holt, or Gorman, then even the humble POW10 lightnings will hit harder than the Defender's heavy barrel.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Works well with a lightning themed army, but pretty much not at all otherwise.
- Ionization's wording means you need the Firefly standing near the enemy to get the damage benefit, which is a risky position to put a light warjack in. It is not always a bad trade-off though, see Tips section.
- Ionization doesn't differentiate between friendly and enemy - if the Firefly is standing in the middle of your army and the enemy has electrical attacks, you've just handed a damage buff to your enemy.
- Of course, if you're taking a Firefly you're probably taking a whole bunch of other Immunity:Electrical stuff, but still.
Tricks & Tips
- Advance your Firefly into ionization range, and open fire - it works on your own shots too.
- Don't be afraid to run the Firefly on a suicide mission to get the ionization bonus. He is a cheap jack, and +2 dmg can be huge for things like Dynamo's gun, the Storm Strider, the Thunderhead's sustained attacks, or the Hurricane's Storm Emitters.
- Ionization also effects electro-leaps. The difference between pow 10 and pow 12 when picking off support solos is big.
Comparison to Mk2
A very different warjack; in Mk2 the Firefly acted as a triangulation point for Stormsmith Stormcallers.
- Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Cygnar (February 2010)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models