Fire of Salvation
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fluff text (copy from book)
|Fire of Salvation|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Absolver - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Continuous Fire - A model hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll in Maintenance phase of owner's turn until the fire expires.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Bond [Kreoss] - If this model begins the game in Kreoss's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Kreoss and in their CTRL range, it gains Dispel on its weapons. (Dispel - When hit with this weapon, upkeep spells and animi on the model/unit immediately expire.)
- Imprint [Holy Fervor] - This model can spend 1 focus to gain Holy Fervor. (Holy Fervor - Fire of Salvation's melee attack rolls are boosted this activation. Also, when it destroys an enemy model with a basic melee attack during its activation, it can make another attack for free.)
- Righteous Vengeance - If a friendly Faction model dies within 5" model, next turn this model gets a free 3" move and melee attack during the maintenance phase.
Thoughts on Fire of Salvation
Fire of Salvation in a nutshell
Fire of Salvation walks like a Crusader and hits like a Crusader - but has an impressive turn of speed thanks to Righteous Vengeance and a higher base speed, and can be very accurate to destroy high DEF enemies.
Combos & Synergies
- A skirmish screen to trigger Righteous Vengeance (if the enemy doesn't kill them you win through a different route).
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's on a crusader chassis with no toughness upgrade. It does however make it to combat faster.
Tricks & Tips
- If you can charge beefier target (jacks, tough casters/locks...) in a way to engage some infantry, go for it and activate imprint. Extra accuracy is always nice and you'll more then likely get that focus back by punching that guy in the face.
- His imprint can also boost trample attacks.
Comparison to Mk2
- Slight nerf to righteous vengeance.
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
When taken in Kreoss' battlegroup, this model can be taken in:
Themes for any & all bonded warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
When taken in someone else’s battlegroup, this model can’t be taken in theme forces.
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|