Khador Doom Reaver Character Dragoon Solo
No Doom Reaver can match the horror of Fenris. He rides to war atop a nightmarish steed wielding a pair of fellblades and spurs other Doom Reavers to even greater acts of savagery. Few men have the courage to stand before this terror, and trophies from those who try now decorate Fenris' belt.
| Where two values given, the first is for the mounted version and the other the dismounted version
|See also How to Read the statblock
- Fellblade (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapons.
- Dragoon - While mounted, this model has higher SPD & ARM. While dismounted, it loses SPD, ARM, the Cavalry advantage, and loses Reposition.
- Cavalry - All Cavalry come with a stack of standard special rules, most notably Impact Attacks and auto-boosted charge attacks.
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Relentless Charge - This model gains Pathfinder while it is charging.
- Leadership (Doom Reaver) - Doom Reaver in this model's CMD range gain Relentless Charge.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Spell Ward - This model cannot be targeted by spells.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Relentless Charge
- Leadership [Doom Reavers]
- Spell Ward
Thoughts on Fenris
Comparison to Mk2
He lost Silence and swapped "Leadership:Silence" for "Leadership:Relentless Charge". Other than that, pretty much the same.
Fenris in a nutshell
Fenris takes being a Doom Reaver up to a whole new level, with a mount, more lethal abilities and TWO friggin' Fellblades!
Fenris is a powerful dragoon and a ton of fun to play. He's worth fielding with the Reavers thanks to his Leadership ability, but even by himself he kicks serious butt when you get him into melee, which should be soon due to being mounted. On top of that, he's a nice-looking, flavorful character that brings a unique vibe to the field.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Compared to other Khador cavalry models his durability is low, he can be shot off the board fairly easily.
- Berserk can be halted by abilities like Tough.
Tricks & Tips
Read up on how to do Impact Attacks - you'll want to do them often.
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon such as arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer latest errata).
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. They're not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack.
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be intrepreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Dragoon (Edit)
- Dragoons become dismounted instead of becoming disabled, so you can't trigger anything that works on disabled (such as Tough) when you kill their horse.
Rules Clarification: : Cavalry (Edit)
Warning: This is a long one.
| Mount Weapon
- Mount Weapons are melee weapons. (Infernal Ruling) This means:
- Mount Attacks can benefit from any buffs that affect "melee weapons" (such as Acidic Touch and Elasticity) or "melee attacks" (such as Battle Lust).
- Mount Weapons can be used to make free strikes.
- If the model doesn't have any regular melee weapon (such as the Gun Carriage) then it does have a melee range, can engage enemy models, and can make free strikes; anyway.
- Despite being a melee weapon, you cannot use a Mount's special attack on the same activation you charge. (Infernal Ruling)
- Exception: If you have Trampling Hooves, because that allows you to make charge attacks with your mount when you charge.
- Mount attacks will trigger "Melee attack" stuff like Battle Wizard.
- You can purchase additional attacks with your Mount Weapon. (Infernal Ruling)
Impact Attacks - Movement
- You cannot "stop" in an illegal position to carry out Impact Attacks. For instance, halfway over a linear obstacle, or a flying cavalry stopping while it 'overlaps' other models, or stopping halfway through an Incorporeal model.
- The reason is, you need to obey the rule "this model can advance through [stuff] if they have enough movement to move completely past it".
- Stopping during your movement doesn't satisfy that rule, whether that's the "stop" at the end of the model's normal movement or the "stop" for impact attacks.
- If your charge target is included in your Impact Attacks, then you need to turn and face it and end your movement before starting the attacks (refer rulebook, last paragraph of 'Impact Attacks').
- As such, things which trigger at "End of Movement" (such as Admonition) will occur before your Impact Attacks.
- On the other hand, if your Impact Attacks don't include your charge target, then you're interupting your movement to resolve them, and thus stuff like Admonition won't trigger.
Impact Attacks - The attack(s)
- You resolve stuff that occurs "after the attack is resolved" (such as Battle Wizard) before continuing with your charge movement.
- If you have an ability that boosts your "first" melee attack (such as Stir the Blood), then only one attack will be boosted even though you're making multiple simultaneous attacks.
Impact Attacks - Other
- You cannot use "any time" abilities while resolving Impact Attacks. Because Impact Attacks occur during movement; and you can only use 'any time' abilities before moving or after moving, but not during movement. (Infernal Ruling)
- Exception: If your Impact targets include your charge target, then your movement has ended (refer rulebook, last paragraph of 'Impact Attacks') and thus you're fine to use "any time" abilities.
- If you have a unit of Cavalry, charge them and do impact attacks, remember you interrupt movement to do impacts, but you have to resolve all movements before doing any charge attacks. So for example it would go:
- Cavalry model A charges enemy X, and contacts model M. Stop and make impact attacks against M. Then continue movement to X.
- Cavalry model B charges enemy Y, and contacts model N. Stop and make impact attacks against N. Then continue movement to Y.
- Cavalry model C charges enemy Z, and contacts model O. Stop and make impact attacks against O. Then continue movement to Z.
- Resolve model A's charge attack vs X, B's vs Y, and C's vs Z. (This can be done in any order, as per normal)
- Countercharge & Cavalry ( Edit )
- A model with Countercharge and Cavalry can make Impact Attacks during the countercharge. (Refer "Charges Outside of Activation" in the rulebook).
- Warcaster/Warlock Cavalry ( Edit )
- Warcasters/Warlocks can't cast spells or use their feat while resolving Impact Attacks. Because Impact Attacks occur during movement - you can use spells or feat before moving, or after moving, but not during movement.
- Exception: If your Impact target(s) include your charge target, then your movement has ended (refer rulebook, last paragraph of 'Impact Attacks') and thus you're fine to use "any time" abilities before starting the Impact attacks.
- Flight on a Cavalry model (Edit)
- Although you can move over obstacles/models while charging, if you want to stop and make Impact Attacks while you fly "over" models you need to stop in a legal position. You can't make Impact Attacks while your flying horse is on top of obstacles, models, etc.
- Gunfighter & Cavalry ( Edit )
- A cavalry model that charges then makes a Gunfighter attack will not gain a boosted charge attack roll, because a ranged attack is not a charge attack. (Infernal Ruling)
- You also won't gain a boosted charge damage roll, as per normal for a Gunfighter.
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Berserk (Edit)
- Berserk grants an additional attack which by definition can only occur during your Combat Action. Therefore Berserk doesn't work on free strikes, impact attacks, etc.
- If you trigger two effects that grant you an extra attack (such as Berserk + Black Spot), you can only use one. (Refer "Attack-generating Special Rules".)
- Not only that, due to the way Berserk is worded you must make a melee attack, regardless of which ability you resolve. So you can't say "I trigger Berserk and Black Spot, choose Black Spot, Black Spot is optional, so I'm not making any more attacks". (Infernal Ruling)
- "Immediately" means you can't save it until later in your activation. Berserk must be resolved at step 14 of the attack sequence (refer Apdx A).
- You cannot use "Any Time" abilities while resolving the original attack, the Berserk attack, or between the attacks. Refer Apdx A.
- This is a change from Mk2
- Berserk doesn't trigger during a frenzy. (Infernal Ruling)
- Berserk will not trigger if the target uses an ability to move the damage to another model (such as a warlock transfer).
- But it will trigger if they use an ability to move the attack to a different model (such as Shield Guard).
Rules Clarification : Leadership (Edit)
- If you have two Leaders handing out the same buff, then sometimes they stack (Bronzeback) and sometimes they don't (Exemplar Bastion). (Infernal Ruling)
- See specific models for case-by-case clarifications.
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. Click here for a detailed explanation
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended.
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Sacred Ward and/or Spell Ward (Edit)
- Sacred/Spell Warded models can still be affected by spells. For instance, CTRL area spells, AOE that deviate, and/or sprays that target a nearby non-warded model.