Fell Caller Hero
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fluff blurb (Copy from PP)
|Fell Caller Hero|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sonic Blast - 8" spray, POW 12 ranged attack
- Sword x2 - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee attack
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Fell Calls - This model can make one of the following Calls during its activation. A target can only benefit from one Fell Call at a time.
Thoughts on Fell Caller Hero
Fell Caller Hero in a nutshell
Are you using more than one unit of melee infantry or cavalry? Do they have Pathfinder? If the answer to that second question is no you almost certainly want a Fell Caller Hero - and if you have one unit of melee infantry you probably want one. The Fell Caller hands out Pathfinder - or a melee to hit buff and is a decent although not outstanding combat solo.
Combos & Synergies
- Any melee troops - +2 to hit is excellent.
- Any tough troops you don't expect to get double-tapped; standing up for free is great.
- Any troops without Pathfinder.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Support bloat - that is, spending all your points on support solos like this can leave you with no real combat troops.
- If you're running a gunline or a warbeast list without much melee combat infantry there's no point to running one.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember it can spray - and it is a weapon master so does damage on the charge. Its combat skills aren't outstanding but they are decent enough to get work done. (You'd pay at least 3 and possibly 4 points for the combat potential of the Fell Caller without the Fell Calls)
Originally released in Primal Mk1 (2006 June)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Kriel Company - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|