The fierce and hardy warriors of the farrow are as difficult to bring down as the boars they resemble. Armed with primitive rifles scavenged from raids on human caravans, farrow brigands are the equals of many frontline soldiers. After surviving numerous engagements, farrow commandos have begun to imitate the battlefield tactics of more rigorously trained forces. Brandishing grenades and kukris as they infiltrate enemy lines, these cunning fighters offer farrow warlords the ability to quickly strike into the heart of the enemy.
Weapons and Attacks
- Grenade - Range 6 POW 12, small AoE ranged weapon.
- Kukri - Short range POW 10 melee weapon.
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Minion - Will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, Trollbloods.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
Thoughts on Farrow Commandos
Farrow Commandos in a nutshell
A unit of advance deploying skirmishers to rival Croak Raiders.
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Task Master - no knockdown tough on conscripts is just plain obnoxious to deal with - and the Task Master's STR buff means that charging commandos can do significant damage to a warbeast
- Carver1 - Veteran Leader helps
- In The Thornfall Alliance theme they get to Ambush.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Relatively short threat range, about the same as regular infantry.
- It's hard to work out what they are actually supposed to be good at.