Spirit Eye - ranged - RNG 8 ROF 1 POW 6
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Annihilating Gaze - If this attack hits a living or undead model, add the STR of the target to the POW of this attack.
- Ghost Shot - This model ignores LOS, concealment, and cover when making attacks with this weapon.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Ghost Shield - This model gains +1 ARM for each soul token currently on it.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Soul Taker: Gatekeeper - This model collects souls from living friendly faction models destroyed in CMD and may hold up to three. It can spend these souls on the following:
- Strength of Death - During its Combat Action, this model can spend soul tokens to boost one attack or damage roll for each token spent.
Thoughts on Extoller Soulward
Extoller Soulward in a nutshell
The Extoller Soulward is a cheap solo with two functions:
- Handing out Eyeless Sight
- A gun powerful enough to blow an entire aspect off a heavy warbeast in a single shot. Or shoot a solo straight through a wall.
At the cost of only two Venator Rievers that's excellent value.
Combos & Synergies
- Any cheap infantry - for that matter expensive infantry also power it up. It only needs three dead models.
- Supreme Aptimus Zaal can feed it souls
- Titan Cannoneer, Mammoth, or Aradus Sentinel - good shooting units really benefit from Eyeless Sight.
- Lord Tyrant Hexeris or Lord Arbiter Hexeris - channeling and Eyeless Sight is an awesome combination.
- Lord Assassin Morghoul to tag those stealth casters with Mortality.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- No game against constructs (including the entire Convergence of Cyriss)
- Slightly squishy solo
- Powering an Ancestral Guardian slightly is rarely worth an entire activation
Tricks and Tactics
- Extoller Soulwards should be a priority to take out because of the amount of damage to warbeasts they can do. Act accordingly.
Changes from Mk2
Cheaper - but no longer hands out souls to guardians for free
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Masters of War - (Article) (Category)
- Winds of Death - (Article) (Category)
- The Exalted - (Article) (Category)