|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
These exemplars learn to fight within the impossibly heavy bastion armor. The bond each Exemplar Bastion shares with his brothers in arms grants him their strength even as injuries wear them down. Their enduring resilience causes enemies of Menoth to despair as the bastions take up their glaives, their eyes lit with inner flame, and march forward imperturbable. This box contains all the models necessary to field a unit of Exemplar Bastions. A player may include two units of Exemplar Bastions for each warcaster in his Protectorate of Menoth army.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Consecrated Halberd - 2" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Sanguine Bond - When this model would suffer damage from an enemy attack while in formation, you can choose one or more models in its unit to suffer any amount of that damage instead, divided as you choose. If you do, this model does not suffer that damage. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Sanguine Bond than it has unmarked damage boxes.".
- Set Defense - Charge attacks, slam attacks, and impact attacks versus this model suffer a -2 to hit penalty.
2017.07 Trollkin CID
- Sanguine Bond buffed so it now works on anyone in formation (used to be limited to a model within 3" of the original target).
Thoughts on Exemplar Bastions
Exemplar Bastions in a nutshell
Exemplar Bastions are relatively tough infantry who hit hard thanks to being weapon masters, and can spread the damage around between the unit so none of them dies.
Combos & Synergies
- They have a specific support solo, the Exemplar Bastion Seneschal, who makes them regenerate health.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They are slow. And easy to shoot up.
- A charging POW 12 does more than enough damage to wipe a Bastion out - at that point you're taking extra damage to keep the Bastion alive.
- Armour cracking in general obliterates them.
- In general you're going to get more work out of the effectively faster and harder hitting Exemplar Cinerators
Tricks & Tips
- If you're getting shot before an enemy charges you, use Sanguine Bond to kill the Bastions within charge range, which will leave the enemy with no charge target.
- If you're getting beat up by an enemy unit in melee, use Sanguine Bond to kill the Bastions next to the enemies who have not yet made an attack, which will leave them with no attack target.
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)