Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber
|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
Elara, Tyro of the Third Chamber, has been forged into the perfect instrument for the Retribution of Scyrah's war against human arcanists. She stands prepared to face any danger in service to the Retribution. As she darts from foe to foe, each kill imbues her myrmidons with power they in turn unleash against key targets.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Elara1
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sickle (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapons
- Battlegroup Controller - This model is a solo but functions like a mini-warcaster. It has a FOCUS stat, can buy/boost attacks, cast spells, and control warjacks. It must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Apparition - This model may be placed 2" from its current location during the Control Phase.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Convection - Cost 2, 10" range, POW 12
- When Convection destroys a living enemy model, you can give 1 focus point to a warjack in the spellcaster's balttlegroup that is in its control range.
- Speed of Death - Cost 3, Upkeep
- When a model in Elara's battlegroup hits one or more enemy models with a melee or ranged attack during its activation while in her CTRL range, at the end of its activation the attacking model can make a full advance that ignores free strikes.
Analysis of Elara1
Elara1 in a nutshell
Combos & Synergies
- Gorgon: As a light jack with a high utility gun that really want to stay safe. it makes great use of Speed of Death. A common package especially against list that would have a lot of heavies is Elara with two gorgons. One focus for each Gorgon giving them fully a boosted shot, one focus to upkeep speed of death, and one to camp for protection.
- Discordia: As a Heavy Jack with a short range gun that wants to be able to shoot for multiple rounds in a row. Speed of Death allows Discordia to be able to take shots from close range and yet still be able to back off to safety.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Elara is fragile and there is always the risk your Jack could go inert if she is killed.
- As with all Journeyman WarCasters her low FOC stat makes hitting with Convection difficult.
Tricks and Tips
- Alright check this out Speed of Death spell with the Gorgon . . . no nothing? Well the basic combo can easily slow down key targets in your opponents army, with Speed of Death the Gorgon can advance its full amount shoot its wonderful little gun that lowers SPD then run away like a little girl so he doesn't get murdered.
- Elara is one of the Journeyman Warcasters released as part of the WARMACHINE: Tactics videogame Kickstarter (2014)
- There was a limited edition sculpt available for backers. There is now a non-limited sculpt for general purchase.
- Her rules were re-published in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion (2014)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|