Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Loyal only to her own convictions, the Mage Hunter character sells her sword and crossbow to any army that provides an opportunity to eliminate a Warcaster from her world.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Crossbow - 12" range, POW 10 ranged weapon.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Deadly Shot - Instead of making a damage roll to resolve an attack with this weapon, you can choose to have a model hit by this weapon suffer 3 damage points instead. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.
- Disruptor Bolt - A model hit by this attack loses all their focus and fury points. Warcasters hit can't replenish focus in their next turn. Warjacks hit suffer Disruption.
- Phantom Seeker - Eiryss ignores LOS, concealment, and cover when making this attack.
- Bayonet - 0.5" reach, P+S 6 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Saber - 0.5" reach, P+S 7 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Mercenary - She will work as a Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, Protectorate of Menoth mercenary, & as a Retribution of Scyrah Partisan
- Partisan [Retribution of Scyrah] - When included in a Retribution of Scyrah army, this model/unit is a Retribution of Scyrah model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
Analysis of Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios in a nutshell
Eiryss is a common choice as a free solo selection in any theme list that allows her due to her game-winning potential, control, and utility. Her Disruptor Bolt ends games, but also keeps warjacks in check. Death Bolt is a handy finishing move that also lets her kill high ARM infantry despite her POW 10 crossbow. Phantom Seeker lets her shoot those hard to reach solos who think they're safe. There is almost never a turn where she has nothing useful to do.
Combos & Synergies
- Snipe, Deadeye, Fortune, and Fire For Effect are particularly useful on her. Any Merc or Ret caster with one or more of those spells will appreciate her.
- When taken in a Retribution Defenders of Ios theme force, she gains [Reposition]] [3"].
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Shield Guard stops her. If the enemy keeps a single shield guard back to protect their caster she's almost neutralised.
- She costs as much as a Talon and more than a Buccaneer and has nowhere near the resilience or damage potential of a light warjack.
Tricks and Tips
- Don't let her get too far forward, unless you like seeing her die.
- By placing her opposite the enemy caster, she can dictate where that caster feels 'safe' moving to.
- While only warjacks suffer disruption, Disruptor Bolt can still be useful against hordes factions. Stripping fury from hordes beasts can be useful to force the enemy warlock to cut, or to prevent them from reaving fury.
- Keep an eye out for other models that store fury or focus such as the krielstone bearer, celestial fulcrum, forsaken, corollary, hydra, or cephalyx monstrosities.
Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
| Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Faction models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)