Mercenary Mage Hunter Solo
Loyal only to her own convictions, the Mage Hunter character sells her sword and crossbow to any army that provides an opportunity to eliminate a Warcaster from her world.
| Base Size
Weapons & Attacks
- Crossbow - Range 12", Pow 10 ranged weapon.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Deadly Shot - Instead of making a damage roll to resolve an attack with this weapon, you can choose to have a model hit by this weapon suffer 3 damage points instead. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.
- Disruptor Bolt - A model hit loses all focus/fury, can't replenesh focus for a turn, and suffers Disruption.
- Phantom Seeker - Eiryss ignores LOS, concealment, and cover when making this attack.
- Bayonet - Range 0.5", P+S 6 melee weapon
- Saber Range 0.5", P+S 7 melee weapon
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Mercenary - She will work for Cygnar, Khador, Protectorate, & Retribution
- Partisan (Retribution of Scyrah) - When included in a Retribution of Scyrah army, this model/unit is a Retribution of Scyrah model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
Analysis of Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios in a nutshell
Eiryss is a gauntlet thrown down to any warmachine player. If she can get a shot on their caster she can shoot all the focus off them - which is utterly crippling. This doesn't mean she often will; it's simply a gauntlet thrown down to force the enemy to spend a lot of time protecting themselves from Eiryss and disproportionate effort killing her. She also sets up assassinations on warcasters by removing any fury they were camping.
Common army selection
Anything. She goes with anything.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Shield Guard stops her. If the enemy keeps a single shield guard back to protect their caster she's almost neutralised.
- She costs as much as a Talon and more than a Buccaneer and has nowhere near the resilience or damage potential of a light warjack.
Tricks and Tactics
- Don't let her get too far forward. She goes opposite the enemy caster to control them.
Changes from Mk II
- Lost Death Bolt
- Gained Deadly Shot
- Lost Technological Intolerance
- Lost Camouflage
- Slightly more expensive than her Mk2 counterpart
- Now shoots fury off models as well as focus.
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)