Eilish Garrity, the Occultist
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
"Eilish has seen some things, man, and now that he’s come unhinged, it’s time for him to hit the battlefield." - Lieutenant Commander Jackson
|Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Mercenary - Works for every Faction.
- Minion - I told you, he works for every Faction.
- Arcane Void - When a model in this model's CMD range is targeted by an enemy spell, the enemy caster immediately suffers d3 damage. If this damage destroys them, the spell does not take effect.
- Gate Walker - Once per activation, immediately after he casts a spell, Eilish can be placed anywhere completely within 5" of his current location.
- Magic Ability [ 6 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Bleed (★ Attack) - 8" range, POW 10 magic attack; if it damages a living enemy model, the caster may remove d3 damage points.
- Puppet Master (★ Action) OR (★ Attack) - Puppet Master is a RNG 10 spell. When it targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then it expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.
- Unbinding (★ Action) - Enemy upkeep spells on models/units within 5˝ of Eilish expire. Models suffer d3 damage points for each of those spells they controlled.
- Mental Force - This model can use Mental Force at the beginning of each attack. If it does, all attack and damage rolls resulting from the attack are boosted. After the attack is resolved, this model suffers d3 damage points.
Thoughts on Eilish Garrity, the Occultist
Eilish Garrity, the Occultist in a nutshell
Eilish provides Puppet Master and limited upkeep removal with a boosted POW 10 magic attack when needed. Because the range on his upkeep removal spell is only 5", it has limited offensive applications, but can sometimes get rid of that pesky Arcane Shield if your opponent is careless. More likely, you're taking him with a very specific target for Puppet Master in mind.
Combos & Synergies
He's worthy of consideration when you have models that can achieve particularly powerful critical effects. For example, Puppet Master on a Siege Crawler with Fire For Effect is a nearly 70% chance to trigger Stagger.
Anything that makes him move farther extends the threat of his upkeep removal. A caster that provides this might be another compelling reason to bring him.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Eilish is not available for general purchase. He was given to people who subscribed to PP's magazine in 2017. So the only way to get him is to buy him 2nd hand (I think).
- His offensive output is quite poor for a 5 point model and he faces stiff competition from many other Mercenary solos.
Tricks & Tips
Use Drake Macbain's feat to make him unkillable, run him forward. Stand him up with Boomhowler if he is knocked down and have him use Unbinding as a mini-purification on all your opponent's upkeeps.
Originally released in the Northkin CID (2017.07)
Eilish Garrity is a member of the Black River Irregulars, who feature in several novels and an expansion to the Undercity board game.
|Convergence of Cyriss (Edit)|| Crucible Guard (Edit)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)||Circle Orboros (Edit)|
|Grymkin (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ - Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Special WA: Void Leech
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
Agata, Queen of Carnage - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned|| Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance - Will Work for Food|
Note to Editors