Earthborn Dire Troll
Earthborn dire trolls are the ultimate expression of troll adaptability. They possess a link to the wilderness and to Dhunia herself, for their bodies change to draw strength from the environment. Amid rocks and boulders their skin hardens to become like angled stone, while water lets them avoid attacks with fluid ease. Even their fists change to mimic the strength of the mightiest beasts and warjacks they face.
|Earthborn Dire Troll|
Weapons & Equipment
- Heavy Warbeast
- Immunity: All Elements - Immune to cold, corrosion, electricity, and fire.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Elemental Communion - Gain a DEF buff when close to shallow water, an ARM buff when close to an obstacle/obstruction, and a SPD buff when activating near rough terrain.
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal a low, variable number of damage points.
- Earth's Blessing - Cheap self animus - Can't be knocked down, made stationary, or moved with a slam.
Analysis of the Earthborn Dire Troll
The Earthborn Dire Troll in a nutshell
Very pillow fisted, but cheap, tough, and mobile. Especially mobile.
Combos & Synergies
- Dire Troll Mauler - it needs the damage buff because it hits like a ranged warbeast.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- It costs as much as a Dire Troll Mauler but does nothing like the work of one. The Earthborn is never ever going to be your first pick when compared to the Mauler. Ever. But if you have a damage buff already it's worth thinking about.
Tricks and Tactics
- Send it through the worst terrain you can find.
Changes from Mk2
The Earthborn had 25% cut off its cost. But in return it lost almost all its hitting power, it no longer hands out ARM buffs via its animus (which used to give other models Elemental Communion) and lost a little fury.
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|