Earthborn Dire Troll
Earthborn dire trolls are the ultimate expression of troll adaptability. They possess a link to the wilderness and to Dhunia herself, for their bodies change to draw strength from the environment. Amid rocks and boulders their skin hardens to become like angled stone, while water lets them avoid attacks with fluid ease. Even their fists change to mimic the strength of the mightiest beasts and warjacks they face.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the Earthborn Dire Troll
- 3 Other
|Earthborn Dire Troll|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapons
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Elemental Communion - Gain a+2 DEF buff when within 2" of shallow water, an +2 ARM buff when within 2" of an obstacle/obstruction, and a +2 SPD buff when activating when within 2" of rough terrain.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Earth's Blessing - Cost 1
2017.07 Trollkin CID
- Cost reduced to 14 (from 15)
Thoughts on the Earthborn Dire Troll
The Earthborn Dire Troll in a nutshell
Very pillow fisted, but cheap, tough, and mobile. Especially mobile.
Combos & Synergies
- Dire Troll Mauler - it needs the damage buff because it hits like a ranged warbeast.
- Sea King - Good target for the animus the Earthborn has pathfinder and will get +2 speed could catch an opponent off guard.
- Combine his +2 SPD buff with the Axer's Rush +2" buff and you can charge 12 inches or run 14 inches.
- Ragnor1 can give him Beat Back via his Pulverizer spell, which makes his potential melee movement very large.
- In a zero point match pair him with Ragnor1 and the Mauler. He is not as bad as you would think upon 1st glance. His ARM makes him rather durable and his speed bonus if used right can wreck some sh#t.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- It (used to) costs as much as a Dire Troll Mauler but does nothing like the work of one. The Earthborn is never ever going to be your first pick when compared to the Mauler. Ever. But if you have a damage buff already it's worth thinking about.
- His drawbacks stem only from the Trollblood player not using him right. He's meant to be used as a fast attack (smash mouth) tank. That said with meta being very ARM heavy, he's going to be very reliant on damage buffs, otherwise he falls into the same category of "light heavy" beasts like the Circle Satyrs (and costs about the same).
Tricks and Tips
- Send it through the worst terrain you can find.
- If you can get time in a group of warriors Horgle 2 can attack him and get the chain effect fire damage or the same with the storm troll.
- In a very rare case, he's getting +2 to 3 stats (well SPD only really matters for moving so you could start with the speed buff, then try to grab the DEF and ARM). Thats pretty sweet as well as making his base stats slightly deceptive.
Originally released in Hordes: Evolution (2007)
Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|