Dozer & Smigg
Outfitted with a crudely rigged bombard salvaged from a Khadoran Destroyer, Dozer is an impossible fusion of nature’s fury and mechanical destruction. From his perch atop Dozer, Smigg operates the wildly inaccurate bombard with surprising effectiveness and is revered as an ace by other pygs. So spectacular are their battlefield rampages that other blitzers are inspired by their example and strive to make every attack count.
|Dozer & Smigg|
Weapons and Attacks
- Bombard - 14" range, AoE 4, POW 14 , ranged attack.
- Claw x2 - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapons.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Bond: (Gunnbjorn) - If this model begins the game in Gunnbjorn's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Gunnbjorn and in their CTRL range, boosted blast damage
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Lucky Shot - Cheap Animus - Target model gets a bonus to hit with AoEs and may reroll the deviation.
Thoughts on Dozer & Smigg
Dozer & Smigg in a nutshell
Dozer & Smigg are effectively a variant of the Dire Troll Bomber that trades in the second bomb for a much longer ranged but inaccurate artillery piece with Arcing Fire, Dual Attack, and Inaccurate. And it's only got a slightly longer range thanks to the Bomber having Far Strike.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Gunnbjorn does everything Dozer & Smigg could possibly want between his bond, his Kill Shot field marshal, and guided fire so they can occasionally hit the broad side of a barn door without spending Fury.
- War Wagon - a bonus to hit on the Pounder can be really useful with its large Quake.
- Dire Troll Bomber likes Dozer & Smigg's animus to help hit.
- Dire Troll Mauler for the melee damage buff to let Dozer & Smigg fight effectively.
- Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels will take the extra bonus to hit on her Quake shot.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Unless you're running Captain Gunnbjorn or are built round it Dozer and Smigg are less useful than a first Dire Troll Bomber the overwhelming majority of the time and less useful than a second a lot of the time. Get a Bomber. (That said, with Lucky Shot, Dozer & Smigg only have one point less effective RAT than the bomber).
Tricks & Tips
- Considering he's got a bond with Gunnbjorn, Dozer and Smigg can really benefit from the spells Gunny can throw at him and turn that bombard he carries into a threat. Under the effects of Snipe, Guided Fire and Lucky Shot and an aiming bonus you get an arcing fire long range AOE with boosted blast damage and overcome the downside of the innacurate rule on the Bombard itself
- Move in and use the dual attack to blow up Paingiver Beast Handlers, the Choir of Menoth, or other squishy support models.
Comparison to Mk2
- Dozer lost his ability to buff other Blitzers, so there is no pressure to field both of them together.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|