- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Doc Killingsworth
- 3 Other
| Grogspar1 |
Weapons and Attacks
- Dirty Throwing knives - 6" range, POW 9 ranged attack
- Meat Cleaver 0,5" range, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar, Cryx, Khador, and the Protectorate
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Anatomical Precision - When this model's melee damage roll fails to exceed the ARM of the living model hit, that model suffers 1 damage point. A model disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll.
- Heal [D6] (★ Action) - Remove D6 damage from a living Faction model in B2B.
- No, I'm Fine! Privateers in his command range make Tough checks on a 4 or more.
Thoughts on Doc Killingsworth
Doc Killingsworth in a nutshell
Killingsworth is part of the pirate suite of solos that theoretically make a boat load of sea dogs difficult to remove. The idea is you have Doc and Grogspar semi-forward projecting two bubbles of 4+ tough with no knockdown to all nearby sea dogs. In practice, the Sea Dogs advance deploy farther forward than Doc and are faster so he can't keep up, and if he moves too far forward he gets picked off lickety-split.
Combos and Synergies
He buffs Tough Privateers
- Bosun Grogspar combines with him to make a number of models no-knockdown tough.
- Press Gangers are already tough so are perfect for him.
- Bloody Bradigan is a tough sea dog solo.
- Lord Rockbottom and Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord can both make Sea Dog Pirates tough to take advantage of No Knockdown.
- Captain Phinneus Shae speeds up all Privateers and should probably cast Phantasm on him so he can play up some. Or maybe cast it on Grogspar and put Doc right behind him.
- Drake MacBain likes no knockdown on his invulnerable stuff.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He doesn't keep himself standing..
- Spot removal cripples sea dogs.
- CMD 7 is a small, small bubble and he's slow
- 4+ tough Sea Dogs can still disappear pretty quickly just you watch and see.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep him back and you sometimes get use out of his heal.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
Rules Clarification : Poison - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Thrown - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Anatomical Precision - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Heal - None yet. (Edit)