Retribution Shyeel Character Heavy Warjack
Discordia, the favored myrmidon of Adeptis Rahn, is arguably the pinnacle of Iosan warjack technology. Capable of projecting a wall of force energy around friendly forces or focusing that energy into a concentrated wave to shatter all opposition in its path, Discordia is a singular symbol of House Shyeel’s—if not the Retribution’s—might.
- Sonic Pulse Cannon - 10" spray, POW 14 gun
- Blade Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapons
- Open Fist - This warjack/warbeast may make Throw Power Attacks.
- Chain Attack: Smite - If both initials with this weapon hit the same target, then you get to make a free slam vs it. POW is included in slam damage, but not collateral damage.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Imprint and cannot make attacks with its Sonic Pulse Cannon
- Bond: (Rahn) - If this model begins the game in Rahn's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Rahn and in their CTRL range, the benefit of ignoring any and all crippled systems
- Imprint: [Kinetic Field] - This model can spend 1 focus to gain Kinetic Field. (Kinetic Field - Discordia and friendly Faction models within 3" gain +2 ARM vs ranged attacks and are immune to blast damage.)
Thoughts on Discordia
Discordia in a nutshell
Discordia is Rahn's character warjack, and much improved over its Mk2 incarnation. Discordia brings a very strong spray at range and melee that can bring down heavy warjacks. Chain Attack: Smite can make for an interesting combo, with an aim-able slam attack. The Imprint helps deliver a portion of the army and if taken with Rahn it's very difficult to cripple if not taken out completely.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- You can use the Imprint and run in the same activation.
- You can use the Imprint to defend your troops vs your own incoming AOEs, say from Stormfall Archers.
- Beware AOEs that inflict effects on models hit (such as Continuous Fire from a Vanquisher). In this case, clustering your troops up to avoid blast damage is probably not the wisest move.
Originally released in Warmachine: Wrath (2011)
When taken in Rahn's battlegroup, this model can be taken in:
When taken in someone else’s battlegroup, this model can’t be taken in theme forces.
Other Retribution models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- ... but not by "lingering" secondary damage (such as the cloud left by Breath of Corruption). In this case the hazard is damaging the model, not the spell that put the hazard into play.
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Open Fist (aka, Power Attack Throw) (Edit)
- See the Throw article for a recap of the core Throw rules.
- When you make a Throw Power Attack, no other abilities of the Fist weapon (such as Chain Strike) are applied unless they specifically mention Throws.
- If you do a Power Attack Throw and you choose to throw the target directly away, no deviation is rolled to determine the final position of the model. (Locked thread)
- A model that cannot be targeted by melee attacks (such as Una2's feat) cannot have models thrown at them, either. (Infernal Ruling)
- Unresolved: Since throwing Model [A] at Model [B] involves making a melee attack vs Model [B] which is out of your melee range, it technically breaks a whole bunch of core rules. The Infernals are currently checking it.
Rules Clarification : Chain Attack (Edit)
- Some Chain Attacks generate a Power Attack (such as Chain Attack: Throw. These Chains can be used after charging, even though Power Attacks normally can't be used after a charge. (Infernal Ruling)
- Buying extra attacks with fury or focus cannot trigger a Chain Attack - only initial attacks can trigger it.
- If you have 3 weapons but only 2 of them are associated with the Chain Attack, then you can make that 3rd initial attack at any point without it preventing the Chain Attack from triggering.
Also, interrupting your initials to resolve the Chain Attack will not prevent you taking the 3rd initial.
For example, the Cryx Nightmare has two Claws with a Chain Attack, plus some Tusks. When he makes his initial attacks he can go:
- [Claw] - [Tusks] - [Claw] - [Chain Attack] ... even though the two Claw attacks weren't sequential.
- [Claw] - [Claw] - [Chain Attack] - [Tusks] ... even though he did the Chain Attack before getting to his initial Tusk.
- [Tusks] - [Claw] - [Claw] - [Chain Attack]
- He cannot go ... [Claw] - [Claw] - [Tusks] - [Chain Attack] ... because you must resolve the Chain Attack as soon as it's triggered, or not at all.
Rules Clarification : Smite (Edit)
- This rule changed in Mk3 to no longer say it "adds the weapon's POW". It still does add the POW, however, because the whole section on calculating Slam damage was reworded in the main rulebook.
- Smite is not a Power Attack Slam, it is just an attack which causes a model to be slammed. As such, you can smite friendly models.
- You can trigger Critical Smite on a free strike.
- If you Smite on a charge, then the slam damage will be boosted.
- See also the clarifications on being slammed
Rules Clarification : Warjack (Edit)
- Please refer to the Warjack page for a recap of the warjack rules, and the very few associated Infernal Rulings.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Bond (Edit)
- Bonds are ineffective while the model is under your opponent's control. Refer the core rulebook.
- Bonds & Themes
- If a warjack/warbeast with a bond is in that caster's battlegroup, they can be taken in any theme force. Refer the core rulebook.
- Exception: Battlegroup Controllers and Lesser Warlocks cannot take their bonded warjacks/warbeasts in theme forces (eg Kharybdis with Aiakos1) because BC & LW are specifically not warcasters/warlocks. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Imprint - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Kinetic Field - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Field Dependent - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Force Fields (Edit)
- You cannot spend focus to heal Force Fields mid-move, such as taking damage from a free strike. (Infernal Ruling)