|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Discordia, the favored myrmidon of Adeptis Rahn, is arguably the pinnacle of Iosan warjack technology. Capable of projecting a wall of force energy around friendly forces or focusing that energy into a concentrated wave to shatter all opposition in its path, Discordia is a singular symbol of House Shyeel’s—if not the Retribution’s—might.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sonic Pulse Cannon - 10" spray, POW 14 gun
- Blade Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapons
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Imprint and cannot make attacks with its Sonic Pulse Cannon
- Bond [Rahn] - If this model begins the game in Rahn's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Rahn and in their CTRL range, the benefit of ignoring any and all crippled systems
- Imprint [Kinetic Field] - This model can spend 1 focus to gain Kinetic Field. (Kinetic Field - Discordia and friendly Faction models within 3" gain +2 ARM vs ranged attacks and are immune to blast damage.)
Thoughts on Discordia
Discordia in a nutshell
Discordia (or simply just Disco') is Rahn's character warjack, and gains the best of both worlds. Cygnar DEF+MAT+RAT, Cryx SPD, Khador-ish ARM with its Imprint, and a very strong spray that would make any Menite jack green with envy - all that for a reasonable price tag. Its melee attacks can bring down enemy heavies, and the Chain Attack can make for an interesting combo, with an aim-able slam attack. Due to its Imprint it is often the cornerstone of defensible formations, and usually helps to deliver a portion of the army. Its bond with Rahn basically equals the Fail Safe spell, making it near-impossible to cripple, and posing a constant threat until taken out completely.
Combos & Synergies
- With the changes in the Forges of War list, Discordia can only come into the themes with Rahn. Fortunately, it is not much of a burden, as they form an awesome pair. The importance of its bond cannot be overestimated. Discordia is on one box? You can still charge, run, boost, power up, combo smite, use your spray attack, repair force field - provided you're still in Rahn's CTRL area.
- Every model enjoys the benefit of improved ARM - especially the ones who are already well armoured. Stand near an AFG to make it effectively ARM 24 against ranged attacks.
- You may want to look for casters with ARM buff to further exploit Discordia's Imprint. Vyros1's Inviolable Resolve spell, or Helynna, another Jack caster, with ARM buff spell and feat are ideal choices.
- Dawnguard Sentinels with their UA, affected by Discordia's Imprint, and the above mentioned ARM buffs may form a nigh-uncrackable wall of ARM.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- High priority target
- Can be focus hungry between its Imprint and to ensure that both initials will hit for the chain attack
Tricks & Tips
- You can use the Imprint and run in the same activation - just remember to use it before running, as your activation immediately ends, once you finished your advance.
- You can use the Imprint to defend your troops vs your own incoming AOEs, say from Stormfall Archers, or the Hyperion's Starburst.
- Beware AOEs that inflict effects on models hit (such as Continuous Fire from a Vanquisher). In this case, clustering your troops up to avoid blast damage is probably not the wisest move.
- Smart enemies will try to push/slam you out. While Push can be negated by almost any figure out there, slam is a bit more difficult to resist. Rahn, being immune to both Knockdown and collateral damage can stand behind the jack to keep it in position. If he stands directly in the slam's line, Discordia will remain in place if the slam distance is less than 3,5".
Originally released in Warmachine: Wrath (2011)
When taken in Rahn's battlegroup, this model can be taken in:
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all bonded warjacks (Edit)
When taken in someone else’s battlegroup, this model can’t be taken in theme forces.
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)