Dire Troll Mauler
Although dangerous and unpredictable, the powerful dire trolls serve their trollkin allies in a variety of battlefield roles. The dire troll mauler is a creature of savage simplicity, devastating enemies with nothing more than its gigantic fists and unearthly strength. The dire troll blitzer totes a rapid-fire slugger cannon and its pyg gunner into combat on its back, adding a lethal spray of lead to the crushing blows of its mighty fists. The dire troll bomber hurls barrels of explosives at the enemy before pulverizing them in melee combat.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dire Troll Mauler
- 3 Other
|Dire Troll Mauler|
Weapons & Equipment
- Claw x2 reach 1" - Melee weapon. P+S 16.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Rage - Cost 2, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction warbeast gains +3 STR for 1 turn.
Thoughts on Dire Troll Mauler
Dire Troll Mauler in a nutshell
The Dire Troll Mauler is the backbone of Trollblood warbeast melee. Hitting hard (especially with Smash & Grab), it's the animus that makes the Mauler one of the best value beat stick heavies in the game. As a default heavy to reach for the Mauler is top of the list.
Combos & Synergies
- Any other warbeast that's going to get into melee with an armoured target loves its animus
- Gunnbjorn's wall can be placed behind a target who is gonna be targeted by the mauler to get the chain smash throw an additional die, and keep it in the mauler's melee range.
- Grissel1, can make him really fast and difficult to catch with the Hoof it fell call, so he can charge something and come back to safety easily.
- Being Fury 5, he benefits greatly from Goad from Doomshaper1, giving him 2" of extra threat every time he kills something.
- Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster loves him a mauler to put pulverizer on, especially when the mauler stacks it's own Rage animus on top of itself. So with an additional +5 str that makes him a heavy warbest with a P+S of 21 and beat back. That makes him hit harder than a stormwall colossal.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Other than not carrying a gun it doesn't really have any.
- Playing only one mauler in a list, makes him a really hard model to risk or trade off, because it is your only source of rage, and in the MK3 High Armor+Boxes meta losing rage, is in many games a lose.
- Some casters would prefer to play a mountain king instead, because they both share the same animus.
Tricks & Tips
- Extra strength helps throws.
- The mauler is an Anchor model for any trollbloods army, he has the Rage animus, which is used to crack armor with almost any trollbloods warbeast, including the lights.
- You can stack Rage animus, Stone strength, and Ragnor's Upkeep Spell Pulverizer to get +6 to str, giving 3" to 4" of distance to any throw, or make a pillow fisted Bouncer P+S 18 with his Chain ball, and 17 with his Shield. Also with Beat back and chain grab smash, you can have a throwing threat range of 11".
Comparison to Mk2
It got significantly cheaper and its rivals got worse.
The friendly throws got nerfed, so now he can't bowl with your own models to knock down high defense enemies.
Dire troll mauler is the vanilla beast on trollbloods, and the only one who has 3 sculpts, Extreme Dire Mauler, Metal Mauler, and Plastic Kit Mauler.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|