Dire Troll Mauler
Although dangerous and unpredictable, the powerful dire trolls serve their trollkin allies in a variety of battlefield roles. The dire troll mauler is a creature of savage simplicity, devastating enemies with nothing more than its gigantic fists and unearthly strength. The dire troll blitzer totes a rapid-fire slugger cannon and its pyg gunner into combat on its back, adding a lethal spray of lead to the crushing blows of its mighty fists. The dire troll bomber hurls barrels of explosives at the enemy before pulverizing them in melee combat.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dire Troll Mauler
- 3 Other
|Dire Troll Mauler|
Weapons & Equipment
- Claw x2 - Melee weapon. Decent P+S for a heavy.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Regeneration - This model may be forced to heal a few damage boxes, once per turn.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal a low, variable number of damage points.
- Rage - Short range, Average cost animus Friendly Faction warbeast gains a significant STR buff.
Thoughts on Dire Troll Mauler
Dire Troll Mauler in a nutshell
The Dire Troll Mauler is the backbone of Trollblood warbeast melee. Hitting hard (especially with Smash & Grab), it's the animus that makes the Mauler one of the best value beat stick heavies in the game. As a default heavy to reach for the Mauler is top of the list.
Combos & Synergies
- Any other warbeast that's going to get into melee with an armoured target loves its animus
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Other than not carrying a gun it doesn't really have any.
Tricks & Tips
- Extra strength helps throws.
Comparison to Mk2
It got significantly cheaper and its rivals got worse.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|