Dire Troll Brawler
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Dire Troll Brawlers go to battle wielding oversized flails made from stout iron chain and scavenged scrap metal. Bellowing primitive war cries, brawlers hurl themselves at any opponent, swinging these chains in sweeping, unpredictable arcs. What these trolls lack in intelligence they compensate for with raw delight in brutal combat and laying their opponents low.
|Dire Troll Brawler|
|FURY / THR||4 / 8|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Flail (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 17 melee weapons
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Ornery - Cost 1
- The caster gains Retaliatory Strike. Ornery lasts for one round, or until the caster makes the Retaliatory Strike attack. (Retaliatory Strike - Once per turn when an enemy hits this model in melee, it can hit back. Once.)
Thoughts on Dire Troll Brawler
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Dire Troll Brawler in a nutshell
A Diretroll mauler with two huge wrecking balls.
Combos & Synergies
Most likely will like any strength buff and the Mauler's animus.
Excellent enabler for Stone Scribe Chronicler.
Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster's Pulverizer spell gives +2 strength and Beat Back.
- Note that Beat Back only triggers during your Combat Action so doesn't stack with the animus.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Released in the Northkin CID (2017.07)
Themes for any-and-all warbeasts (Edit)
- Band of Heroes - (Article) (Category)
- Power of Dhunia - (Article) (Category)
- Storm of the North (Article) (Category)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.