Dire Troll Blitzer
Although dangerous and unpredictable, the powerful dire trolls serve their trollkin allies in a variety of battlefield roles. The dire troll mauler is a creature of savage simplicity, devastating enemies with nothing more than its gigantic fists and unearthly strength. The dire troll blitzer totes a rapid-fire slugger cannon and its pyg gunner into combat on its back, adding a lethal spray of lead to the crushing blows of its mighty fists. The dire troll bomber hurls barrels of explosives at the enemy before pulverizing them in melee combat.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dire Troll Blitzer
- 3 Other
|Dire Troll Blitzer|
Weapons and Attacks
- Slugger - Range 10 , POW 13, variable ROF.
- Claw x2 1" range, P+S 15.
- Heavy Warbeast
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Regeneration [d3] - This model may be forced to heal d3 damage boxes, once per activation. It can't run in the same activation.
- Snacking - If this model boxes a living model with an attack it may optionally remove it from play and heal d3 damage points.
- Irresistible Force - Cost 1. This model gains Bulldoze. (Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.)
Thoughts on Dire Troll Blitzer
Dire Troll Blitzer in a nutshell
The Dire Troll Blitzer is the cheaper of the Troll ranged heavies because it carries a rapid fire gun rather than two big bombs.
Combos & Synergies
- Captain Gunnbjorn with Guided Fire makes it pretty accurate.
- The Hunters Grim give it Snipe and a to-hit buff for a turn - exactly what it needs.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- if you want a ranged heavy in Trollbloods get a Dire Troll Bomber: it has a bigger threat range, hits harder, has medium AOEs. The only advantage the Blitzer gets is its Dual Attack and that it's cheaper.
- With its low RAT you need to boost to hit at range other than against hard targets.
Tricks & Tips
- Charge in and use the guns to strafe the enemy support.
Comparison to Mk2
Little change - Other than that it could accept Far Strike from an Impaler.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
Other faction models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|