The Dhunian knot is an old tradition of trollkin shamans banding together to combine their mystical power. In battle, they call upon Dhunia to heal wounds and manipulate the threads of fate. They can bring a dire troll back from the edge of a rampage or even magically compel others’ beasts to rise up against their masters. Even hopeless battles may prove favorable under the guidance of a knot.
Weapons and Attacks
- Ritual Blade - Short range, low P+S.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Heal [_] (★ Action) - Remove _ damage from a living Faction model in B2B.
- Puppet Master (★ Action) OR (★ Attack) - This spell auto-hits friendlies, but is an offensive spell vs enemies. An affected model may reroll (or be forced to reroll) one attack or damage roll. It expires when you use it, or after one round.
- Wild Communion - You can reroll one or more dice after a nearby warbeast's threshold check.
Thoughts on Dhunian Knot
Dhunian Knot in a nutshell
The Dhunian Knot is a support unit providing frenzy management (although not actually Fury management) and rerolls to help you hit harder. As models go they are support that don't actually do work themselves. One reroll is worth effectively +2 to hit.
Combos & Synergies
- Grissel Bloodsong, Marshal of the Kriels - if she's going for her ranged assassination getting a reroll is great.
- Any caster planning running hot. Letting a warbeast frenzy can be bad.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They don't actually do work themselves.
- The more you have that doesn't kill the more work everything else has to do.
- They might prevent frenzies but they don't get rid of any Fury for you. So they don't solve the root problem.
Tricks & Tips
- Go crit-fishing with them.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other faction models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|