Behind its plates of steel, the Devastator is all but unassailable, yet it can open its armored shell to unleash a rain of deadly shrapnel from its grenade launchers.
|(★) Drops to ARM 19 after attacking.|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Shield Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapons
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Armored Shell - If this model makes an attack other than a head-butt, slam, or trample power attack, its base ARM is 19 until the start of its next activation.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Rain of Death (★ Attack) - This attack does not need a target. Models B2B with the Devastator suffer a POW 18 blast damage roll. Other models within 3" suffer a POW 9 blast damage roll. The Devastator itself is not damaged by Rain of Death. You can purchase additional melee attacks after a Rain of Death. The Devastator can perform a Rain of Death after charging instead of making a charge attack.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be pushed.
Thoughts on Devastator
Comparison to Mk2
- Slight point decrease
- Gained Steady and Sturdy
- Its base ARM went down, but crippled weapon systems no longer compromise its ARM
- It doesn't cost the same anymore as the other clamjack, so it's easier to take given its lack of guns.
Devastator in a nutshell
Devastator is the epitome of the Khador ARM-skew - a Hunter will roll dice-6 for damage, while the Defender or Stormwall will likely to see their unboosted cannonballs bouncing off from its hull. It is the most basic Clamjack - slowly runs up to the enemy to smash them, and blow them to bits with Rain of Death!
Combos & Synergies
The Devastator is a pretty tough nut to crack, and even harder to stop, thanks to Sturdy and Steady. Being a typical Khadorian heavy, it likes those, who can make it faster, or more accurate and deadly.
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov
- Butcher 1 - Full Throttle is tailor-made for trampling around.
- Butcher 2 - Conferred Rage, along with Fury makes it truly a powerhouse
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff.
- Thanks to its simplicity, it is ideal candidate for marshaling with the Man-o-War Konvnik (though the Demolisher with its guns suits even better)
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No guns.
- Their accuracy in melee lags behind the Juggernaut chassis.
- Quite possibly the only warjack beside the Demolisher which gets weaker upon attacking (even with Rain of Death), giving the enemy the chance to take it down.
Tricks & Tips
- It works well in pair with the Demolisher; thanks to Girded, it is immune to RoD damage, and so are infantry in B2B with the Demolisher.
- Bulldoze is a great tool to push an enemy out of control zones/flags. Then take their place, and see how they try to remove your jack.
- Don't want to compromise your armour? Trample / Slam around, and open up the shell only in the critical moment.
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
Other faction models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|