Behind its plates of steel, the Devastator is all but unassailable, yet it can open its armored shell to unleash a rain of deadly shrapnel from its grenade launchers. The Devastator’s success has led to the development of other ’jacks based on this chassis. The Demolisher features armor equal to that of the Devastator, but when its plated arms open they reveal cannons that can deliver powerful ordnance even in the thick of combat. The Spriggan trades the armored arms of its predecessor for a heavy shield, a massive lance, and more versatile and longer-range grenade launchers that can fire either explosive projectiles or flares that illuminate hidden enemies.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Devastator
- 3 Other
|ARM||Very Very High|
Weapons and Attacks
- Shield Fist x2 - Mid range, average P+S melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Armored Shell - This model sufferes a large penalty to ARM if it makes any attack other than a head-butt, slam or trample.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Rain of Death (★ Attack) - B2B models suffer a very high blast damage roll. Other nearby models suffer a half-POW roll. This attack can be used as a charge attack and this model can make additional attacks afterwards.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be Pushed.
Thoughts on Devastator
Comparison to Mk2
- Slight point decrease
- Gained Steady and Sturdy
- Its base ARM went down, but crippled weapon systems no longer compromise its ARM
- It doesn't cost the same anymore as the other clamjack, so its easier to take given it's lack of guns.
Devastator in a nutshell
Devastator is the epitome of the Khador ARM-skew - a Hunter will roll dice-6 for damage, while the Defender or Stormwall will likely to see their unboosted cannonballs bouncing off from its hull. It is the most basic Clamjack - slowly runs up to the enemy to smash them, and blow them to bits with Rain of Death!
Combos & Synergies
The Devastator is a pretty tough nut to crack, and even harder to stop, thanks to Sturdy and Steady. Being a typical Khadorian heavy, it likes those, who can make it faster, or more accurate and deadly.
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov
- Butcher 1 - Full Throttle is tailor-made for trampling around.
- Butcher 2 - Conferred Rage, along with Fury makes it truly a powerhouse
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff.
- Thanks to its simplicity, it is ideal candidate for marshaling with the Man-o-War Konvnik (though the Demolisher with its guns suits even better)
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No guns.
- Their accuracy in melee lags behind the Juggernaut chassis.
- Quite possibly the only warjack beside the Demolisher, which gets weaker upon attacking (even with Rain of Death), giving the enemy the chance to take it down.
Tricks & Tips
- It works well in pair with the Demolisher; thanks to Girded, it is immune to RoD damage, and so are infantry in B2B with the Demolisher.
- Bulldoze is a great tool to push an enemy out of control zones/flags. Then take their place, and see, how they try to remove your jack.
- Don't want to compromise your armour? Trample / Slam around, and open up the shell only in the critical moment.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models