Khador’s mechaniks build their warjacks to last. This sturdy chassis has given rise to other staples like the Destroyer, whose whistling shells arcing overhead portend explosive obliteration.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the Destroyer
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Bombard - Long Range, High POW weapon.
- Arcing Fire - This weapon can shoot over models, with some limitations.
- Exectuioner Axe - Mid Range, High P+S melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on the Destroyer
Comparison to Mk2
- Increased MAT
- Decreased relative point cost
The Destroyer in a nutshell
The Destroyer is a unique jack in the Khadoran arsenal, essentially a middle-class melee jack with an arm toting a long range artillery piece around. The destroyer isn't a dedicated range or melee jack, but instead stands between the two roles. It's valued for it's ability to clear infantry and support the front line, but not being the first to engage.
Combos & Synergies
- The Bombard's long range makes it great for lobbing shots at anything that happens to get knocked down. Deploy them with Winter Guard Field Gun Crew or a Grolar. The POW of the bombard is not insignificant and can carry the extra damage needed to scrap an enemy jack.
- Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan is a great piece for fixing the normally abysmal RAT of the Destroyer.
- The Man-o-War Kovnik is a viable way to run a Destroyer and allow it to make use of both its weapons.
- Kommander Harkevich, the Iron Wolf may be one of the few Warcasters that is a fan of Destroyers, as taking several of them allows him to use broadside most efficiently.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Tries to do both range and melee without really committing to either or having the in-built ability to do both.
- Khador has other combined-arms warjacks, and most of them are able to bring a lot more to the table, even if they are more expensive.
- Demolisher - while it has a shorter range, also has gunfighter, 2 cannons and 2 fists, and a whole host of defensive boosts.
- Black Ivan is just a straight upgrade over the Destroyer.
- Behemoth - now costs nearly as much as two Destroyers; but at least offensively, one should always prefer Behemoth. Using either two powerful shot bombards or two armor piercing fists, the Behemoth will dish out a lot more damage than two Destroyers. On the other hand though, one would hope two Destroyers would survive longer.
Tricks & Tactics
- Deploy just behind a line of infantry. Then fire at the opposing models, aiming for low defense models and attempt to drift AOEs against support models. Once the front line is engaged, then charge any breaks in the line, and let your axe remove already-damaged enemy jacks.
- Critical amputation has a huge boost against Gargantuans; as it fills all unmarked damage box on a damage spiral's branch, you can completely remove a whole aspect with a lucky roll. Not something to build a strategy on, but spectacular, when it comes into play.
As of January 2017, the Destroyer has become cheaper, allowing most warcasters to afford two of them using only their battlegroup points.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Khador models