Khador’s mechaniks build their warjacks to last. This sturdy chassis has given rise to other staples like the Destroyer, whose whistling shells arcing overhead portend explosive obliteration.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Bombard - 14" range, AOE 4", POW 14 gun.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Exectuioner Axe - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
2016.06 Mk2 to Mk3
- Increased MAT and decreased point cost (relative to old system)
- Another points cost decrease. Because apparently it wasn't good enough to be worth taking over other Khador jack options. Cheap enough that most warcasters can afford two of them using just their battlegroup points.
Thoughts on the Destroyer
The Destroyer in a nutshell
The Destroyer is a unique jack in the Khadoran arsenal, essentially a middle-class melee jack with an arm toting a long range artillery piece around. The destroyer isn't a dedicated range or melee jack, but instead stands between the two roles. It's valued for it's ability to clear infantry and support the front line, but not being the first to engage.
Combos & Synergies
- The Bombard's long range makes it great for lobbing shots at anything that happens to get knocked down. Deploy them with Winter Guard Field Gun Crew or a Grolar. The POW of the bombard is not insignificant and can carry the extra damage needed to scrap an enemy jack.
- Winter Guard Artillery Kapitan is a great piece for fixing the normally abysmal RAT of the Destroyer.
- The Man-o-War Kovnik is a viable way to run a Destroyer and allow it to make use of both its weapons.
- Kommander Harkevich, the Iron Wolf may be one of the few Warcasters that is a fan of Destroyers, as taking several of them allows him to use his Broadside spell very effectively.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Tries to do both range and melee without really committing to either or having the in-built ability to do both.
- Khador has other combined-arms warjacks (such as Demolisher, Black Ivan, and Behemoth) who, although costing more, bring significantly more 'oomph' to the table.
Tricks & Tips
- Deploy just behind a line of infantry. Then fire at the opposing models, aiming for low defense models and attempt to drift AOEs against support models. Once the front line is engaged, then charge any breaks in the line, and let your axe remove already-damaged enemy jacks.
- Critical amputation has a huge boost against Gargantuans; as it fills all unmarked damage box on a damage spiral's branch, you can completely remove a whole aspect with a lucky roll. Not something to build a strategy on, but spectacular, when it comes into play.
Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
Other Khador models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|