|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The Desecrator rises from the ocean's deep, black waters, a terrible sight to behold. The soldiers of the mainland dread encountering its hulking alien form, as their armored formations are no protection from the flesh-eating death its plague bringer renders. Troops have been known to turn their weapons upon themselves rather then suffer its wasting fire. Those who survive the Desecrator's initial volley find the machine already upon them and their blood-curdling shrieks cut short as its vivisector minces their flesh.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Vivisector - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee weapon.
- Critical Shred - On a critical hit with this weapon during this model's Combat Action, after the attack is resolved this model can make one additional attack with this weapon against the model hit.
- Grievous Wounds - A model hit by this weapon loses tough and cannot have damage removed from it for one round.
- Plague Bringer - 12" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Accumulator [Bane] - When it begins its activation within 3" of one or more friendly Bane models, this model gains 1 focus point.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
2017.05 Bane CID
- The gun gained +2 RNG and POW, and the Scather was upgraded to Void Field so it no longer harms undead.
Thoughts on the Desecrator
Desecrator in a nutshell
Unlike the more other Crabjacks (Harrower for melee, Leviathan for shooting), the Desecrator is a bit more flexible.
The Plague Bringer is a solid weapon that closes down charge lanes for infantry, making its ranged weapon the best choice for dealing with single-wound infantry. The Vivisector is a strong weapon, matching the P+S of the Leviathan's Crushing Claw. Critical: Shred allows for the possibility of multiple attacks without spending focus. While the chance of scoring multiple critical hits in a row are slim, most targets won't stand up to three or more attacks with this weapon, especially when combined with the large arsenal of Cryxian debuffs available. A good way to really boost the effectiveness of this model is to add a Warwitch Siren for essentially two free focus when the Desecrator is near Banes. Using that alone, it can charge and buy an extra attack with the Vivisector (assuming Critical: Shred doesn't trigger off the first attack).
To sum up the Desecrator, it is very capable of handling both infantry and warjacks/warbeasts. It only suffers from having average MAT and RAT, but those can easily be boosted by most Cryxian warcasters. If you are unsure of what will be in your opponent's army or you need a tournament list, then a Desecrator is a very suitable helljack.
Combos & Synergies
- They help the Desecrator by giving it a free focus. Special mention to the Bane warcaster, Agathia.
- The Desecrator help Banes by dealing with high DEF infantry, which Banes can struggle with. Whether its flat-out killing them, or closing down areas of the board so the Banes can't be charged.
- Bane Warriors can improve the Desecrator in melee with Dark Shroud for a +2 damage swing.
- Warwitch Siren can Empower it. Between her, Banes, and Power Up you get a full focus load without draining your caster at all.
- Withershadow Combine can Puppet Master it, to help you get the critical Shred.
- Sturgis2 likes one (or two) to lay down Scathers in front of the enemy army, before he pulls them into the Scather with his feat.
- Venethrax has incredible synergy with the Desecrator. Terminal Velocity increases the poor range of the 'jack as well as vastly increasing the probability of critical Shred vs living targets.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Shred is unreliable.
- As with all crabjack chassis, it's a bit slow.
Tricks & Tips
- Void Field only applies to the hazard, not to the ranged attack. If the AOE hits/scatters onto Undead models, they will get hurt by it.
- Activate it near the start of your turn, before running your troops forwards into combat. That lets you see where the Scathers land and if they deviate badly you simply run around them. As opposed to running your army forward then shooting and having a bad scatter land on their heads.
- Set up "targeting beacons" by shooting your own models in the back, thereby placing hazards exactly where you want them to block your enemy's movement.
- Shoot at units engaged with Satyxis Raiders under the effects of Force Barrier - the Raiders will be immune to the blast but the enemies they're engaging aren't!
- Originally released in Warmachine: Wrath (2011).
- The Desecrator was released when the Crabjack kit was upgraded from metal to plastic.
Cryx non-character warjack themes (Edit)
- Black Industries (Article) (Category)
- Dark Host (Article) (Category)
- The Ghost Fleet (Article) (Category)
- Infernal Machines (Article) (Category)
- Scourge of the Broken Coast (Article) (Category)
- Slaughter Fleet Raiders (Article) (Category)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders