Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sword (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Combo Strike (★ Attack) - Make a melee attack. Instead of making a normal damage roll, the POW of the damage roll is equal to this model's STR plus twice the POW of this weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
Thoughts on Dervish
Dervish in a nutshell
The Dervish is a cheap melee light warjack with two swords, side step, and parry. It's good at getting in among the enemy and stabbing them. Warjack equivalent to an RPG melee rogue.
Combos & Synergies
With two strong basic attacks and the ability to get places via Side Step the Dervish loves models that make it hit harder and more accurately as a battlegroup wide effect. The Choir of Menoth is of course ubiquitous but two casters stand out:
- Sovereign Tristan Durant - Manifest Destiny is an excellent buff
- High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza has Synergy - which can turn the Dervish into a nightmare that hits like a melee heavy.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Like almost all lights it isn't that tough - its ARM leaves a lot to be desired. As warjacks go it's a glass cannon and can't brawl. Good job the Protectorate have a lot of damage buffs...
Tricks & Tips
- Look for ways to side step behind the enemy for the back strike bonus.
Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|